July 2013 Weddings
Options

Very Excited!

I have all of the major things booked with deposits down!! Now I'm in the mood to plan for all of the small details! I keep finding things online that I like, but now I can't make up my mind!

Also, how do you know if you have planned for all of the small details like who is going to clean up after the wedding... My mom asked me that the other day, and I was like "crap I have no idea" How are you ladies making sure you have covered all of the small details??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Very Excited!

• Options
    Umm..I havent the slightest. The wedding I went to over the weekend the BP helped to clean and the staff of the place did the rest. Im pretty sure I'll be doing it if noone sticks around.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    definitely good to check on those things. the caterer we're leaning toward says they do all the cleanup for you (and their yelp reviews rave about that!) so check and see if they have any sort of cleanup policy... if not, see if your DOC or the people at your venue have any ideas.

and congrats on the huge checks!! i'm excited for you and can't wait to put down the deposits!! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Congrats on that! Yeah, I would check with you venue and in your contract. Do the same with DOC. Then work from there.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    Check with the venue, as PP's have said.  Ours handels all the clean-up, because they're also the caterer. 

Congrats on having everything big out of the way! It's such a great feeling.
  • Options
    We are getting married at a friend's farm and the caterer is only there for 2 hours(which is fine,but they will be gone by the time we all leave. I think that our family will end up helping us or we will go back the next morning. I just didn't realize that there are so many small details to think about along with having all of the big things to worry about! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!

Our reception is at a restaraurant so they'll be taking care of most of it.  Haven't discussed the rest yet, we won't have a whole lot to set-up/clean-up but if we do I might hire an extra pair of hands or two just so I don't have to :)

Essentially for the "small details" I just sat down with a notebook one day, closed my eyes, and envisioned everything I might possible want/need and then wrote it down.  Everything from the rented chairs to the hooks that the pomanders stand on to table runner on the hypothetical sand ceremony table.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    For my brothers wedding my aunt catered and we did all the clean up because the reception venue only supplied booze and bartenders and my aunt and uncle didn't have anyone from the store really helping. So my parents, aunts and uncles, and my fiance and I ended up setting everything up and cleaning it all up too. 

My FI and I are thinking of having it at a different venue though and our place will also be catering and we will have waiters who will do it all for us.  We learned from my brothers that we didn't want to be doing it ourselves.  The price was so close to each other that we figured we wanted to actually enjoy ourselves.

If you are really worried about it hire a day of cordinator.  I know someone who did that and she stayed the whole time and did most of the cleaning.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    For my brothers wedding my aunt catered and we did all the clean up because the reception venue only supplied booze and bartenders and my aunt and uncle didn't have anyone from the store really helping. So my parents, aunts and uncles, and my fiance and I ended up setting everything up and cleaning it all up too. 

My FI and I are thinking of having it at a different venue though and our place will also be catering and we will have waiters who will do it all for us.  We learned from my brothers that we didn't want to be doing it ourselves.  The price was so close to each other that we figured we wanted to actually enjoy ourselves.

If you are really worried about it hire a day of cordinator.  I know someone who did that and she stayed the whole time and did most of the cleaning.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards