July 2013 Weddings
Options

Another Check!

So FI and I decided we didnt want to do a non-demonintal wedding and wanted to get married in a church. Since the reception hall is about 20 minutes from the Parish I grew up going to we went and spoke to the priest there and it turns out our day was available and even though this church requires that you speak to them atleast a year before he still allowed us to use it.

The priest was really nice and friendly and I am really excited that he is going to marry us. He was so welcoming and kept telling us we can come back and talk to him whenever we wanted and said we can do as many run throughs as we want. He also let us book the rehearsal for the friday/day before our wedding even though they usually only let you have rehearsals on wednesdays.

My uncle who is flying in from over seas who the wedding has also offered to throw the rehearsal dinner for us, his wife is the one is going to do the booking and she is looking into the King Henry, a 5 star hotel downtown Toronto, so that is going to be really nice as well.

So add 3 checks, church, rehearsal dinner date & location. It's nice to get some check dones when you werent expecting to/didnt plan on it. 

ETA - Question, for anyone else getting married in a Catholic Church, are they making you do a retreat weekend? Or is it just a thing here?

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Another Check!

• Options
    I'm Catholic and my church allows for the pre-cana classes to be done online, but only if the priest allows it, which he has. He have the option of doing a retreat or going to an ALL DAY Saturday class but thats just not going to happen.

Congrats on all your checks!! Seems like he is very laid back. Make sure you dont forget to ask about details like having an aisle runner (if you want one) or throwing rice, petals, etc after the ceremony (many Catholic churches do not allow anything anymore).
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards