July 2013 Weddings
Options

address labels

I was wondering if it is "rude" to print address labels. I was reading on the etiquette board that you should hand write or print right on the envelope(if you must). We dont have the money to hire someone to print on our envelopes that are going to get thrown away. I feel like that is a waste, and our hand writting is the best. 
What are your feelings on this? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: address labels

• Options
    Like your return adrs label? I plan on handwriting them for the std's but for the actual invite i thought of investing on a stamp from Etsy. They're not too pricey and will serve a purpose after as well....unless we ever move haha I dont see a point in hiring ppl for something that gets trashed.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

Yes, etiquette states that you should hand address your invitations. Personally, I think it makes it more personal and formal. If you don't have the funds to hire a calligrapher, I did see a 'cheaters calligraphy' tip on pinterest to print straight onto the envelope in a similar but lighter color and then trace over it:

http://www.projectwedding.com/wedding-ideas/diy-calligraphy

I plan to try that out.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I tried the cheat and totally botched it. A third grader could've done better lol
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Belle0720Belle0720 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_address-labels?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:e4c92f1f-b8c6-4cb1-bd18-bfcd20d18969Post:8e4658b7-8cd3-467b-a909-040dfeb8d99b">Re:address labels</a>:
    [QUOTE]I tried the cheat and totally botched it. A third grader could've done better lol
    Posted by Getting2Vowels[/QUOTE]

Oh really?? I guess I should try it out soon! If it really doesn't look good, I'll just print straight on the envelopes and hope no one feels offended. I mean I love the way calligraphy looks but I'm soooo over my original budget, it's certainly not high priority.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I plan to do labels for STDs, but either my mom or I will handwrite on the actual invites.  I totally want to get a return address stamp, especially for the invites, but we have to get a house first :)
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My envelopes are already addressed from VP-- I like them. Before I knew that could happen, I was buying labels. I am handwriting the guest information on it. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    How did getting VP to print on the envelopes? Was it an option? For my STDs I am just doing lables because we are doing post cards, and I am going to try  to figure something out for the invites. I would love to get VP to do them! Thanks for all of the input!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    vp- can print the addresses in bulk such as return addresses and the envelopes with replies being sent back to you with you address.  they cant do individual address because they only have capability of bulk addressing. 

so if you are only addressing envelopes thats not bad.  im sure you can take the envelopes to kinkos, office max, with you excel on disk or disk drive with you guests addresses
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_address-labels?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:e4c92f1f-b8c6-4cb1-bd18-bfcd20d18969Post:971a21e4-4eca-4f35-8b95-ba71a3f424bd">Re: address labels</a>:
    [QUOTE]How did getting VP to print on the envelopes? Was it an option? For my STDs I am just doing lables because we are doing post cards, and I am going to try  to figure something out for the invites. I would love to get VP to do them! Thanks for all of the input!
    Posted by NateandJustine[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry. I think I confused myself then confused you. Yeah my address will be already on the envelopes to cut down half the work. But I'm only addressing like 40 or so invites. I have seen some companies who will address and ship the item for you. Maybe 123 print? Not sure. But I think this is printing on the envelope.

Another thought is do you have A friend or love one with good handwriting who would love to earn some little spare change? If I was in a same situation, I would be paying my sister $20 in a minute to get this done for me.,
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    I'm taking a 6-week calligraphy class through our local school district's community education.  I definitely won't be as good as the calligraphers that you can hire, but I'm hoping it will be good enough.  That will only be for the guests' address though.  I plan to do a stamp or sticker on the back of the envelope for the return address.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards