July 2013 Weddings
Options

Wedding fair fun!

Yesterday I went to another wedding fair!  This one was in Minneapolis (near where my parents live) so the vendor info wasn't as useful, but it was a lot of fun!  I went with my mom and my sister.  We had a ton of fun looking at dresses and decor ideas.  There were a couple of really good fasion shows - one had handsome men in tuxes *ahem!* FI could give them a run for their money in a tux, though!  Another awesome thing we heard: Randy Fenoli (from Say Yes to the Dress) is shooting an episode for his new show (Randy to the Rescue) in Minneapolis next month!!  I so want to go, but it's really expensive.  You can get an appointment to shop with one of his consultants for $20, but then it's also $20 for each guest you bring... wowza!  Also, you can apply to have an appointment with Randy himself and be on the show!!  It'd be so much fun to do that!  But, I'll probably just end up shopping with my closest female relatives in Madison in April or May.  It'll still be fun though!  What have you all done lately that was fun and perhaps wedding-y
~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Wedding fair fun!

• Options
    20 for a solo appointment?? That's redonkulous! Appointments should be to help the bride not to make a quick buck. Today FI and I cleaned house and did all things productive. There's so much to do yet and not enough hours in the day to do it all : As for wedding stuff I haven't done much. I asked Fi's parents for a list of names and addresses but they are on vaca so it'll have to wait..ohh and I finally found cute brooches on Etsy that I plan on turning into shoe clips! Can't wait to get those! :
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    No wedding checks this past week.  Although I did feel a bit relieved when my mom offered to help out financially when I was stressing out about expenses.  I figured my folks would offer but I didn't want to assume.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    I haven't gotten much done wedding-wise, other than my mom decided to add more people to the guest list.  I'm still waiting for my dad to be ready to put down a deposit on the venue.  Until that happens, nothing else can really be done.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    I haven't done anything concrete, but my fiance and I have contacted our top ceremony/reception venue to make an appointment to visit them and get a personalized proposal. Hopefully we'll be visiting them Friday! Other than that, we're just waiting for our wedding bands to come in.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    My planning is slowing down after a good week. We booked our DJ and florist I liked them both before I had any consultations, and it turns out they are husband and wife. How cute is that! And I found the dress. The venue is booked, and they do the catering and make the cake. The photographer is booked as well
  • Options
    My phone cut off my reply : so anyway, I think my planning is going to be minimal until the end of the semester, when I have another break from school. I might start a diy project, but i'm not sure yet.
  • Options
    Gabrielle I'm so jealous of you right now I want to book my DJ and baker but instead I had to get four new tires for my car :( my tires ended up costing $500 which is the exact same amount it was going to cost to put security deposits down on both the baker and DJ....But I have the ceremony, reception/catering, and photography and a few DIY projects out of the way I think we're going to get our engagement photos taken in July I can't wait!!!!!
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker July 2013 Knotties April Siggy Challenge - Why July? July 20th 2013 We both love summer!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_wedding-fair-fun?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:e98581d9-2766-46b4-902c-ad51c3437d29Post:947df07f-9e54-486c-b34d-aa2d88e11e3d">Re: Wedding fair fun!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Gabrielle I'm so jealous of you right now I want to book my DJ and baker but instead I had to get four new tires for my car :( my tires ended up costing $500 which is the exact same amount it was going to cost to put security deposits down on both the baker and DJ....But I have the ceremony, reception/catering, and photography and a few DIY projects out of the way I think we're going to get our engagement photos taken in July I can't wait!!!!!
    Posted by trent13[/QUOTE]
    Oh no about your tires! What DIY projects have you done?
  • Options
    wow I wish I had more done. I only have my dress(which my parents paid for), photographer, and where we are getting married(we've know this since before we were engaged). I have to wait until I am out of school in May and start working to do anything else. I can't wait to start to do more things for the wedding!! I need to start to think what diy projects I want to do!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards