July 2013 Weddings

How was your Valentine's Day?

We aren't celebrating until this weekend but I was suprised by a card when I got out of the shower and flowers at work (which were actually 2 of the blooms I'd picked out for our wedding, so good job FI!)

I got him a gushy card, some Reeses (50% off today!  TY after-holiday clearance), and some necessities: briefs, 2 hoodies & 2 pairs of jeans.  All his nice jeans always inevitably become work jeans somewhere down the line so he's running short like I am :)  Not super romantic, but its stuff he needs and won't buy himself since we've already been buying soooo much for our new house.

Not sure what we're doing this year.  Last year we went out the night before, grabbed a bite to eat at a local sports bar and spent the night in a local hotel with a jacuzzi in our room. 
Formerly known as flutterbride2b

Re: How was your Valentine's Day?

• Ours was good!  I made dinner for FI and me, which was a success, even if we have tons of left-overs... yum!  I made stuffed shells with chicken, cheese, spinach, and pesto with homemade garlic bread, and chocolate-nutella cupcakes for dessert.  I think his favorite part was the garlic bread. :)  After we cleaned up from dinner, we went to the bar attached to the local bowling alley and had a (strong!) drink and chatted about the wedding and other things!  It was a good night!  We figured out that we can easily save enough to pay for our share of the wedding!  Yay! because he was stressing about that!
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I set up an extra savings account just for wedding stuff and have part of my paycheck deposited into it every month.  It's kinda awesome.  It keeps it separate and it prevents me from borrowing against it.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • I made my FI a special dinner (Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches), and he got me a pajama shirt that says "Give me liberty or I will cut you", which is totally my sense of humor.  It was a nice low key day.
  • FI and I don't celebrate it. I call it "commercial day" cause I think its one big ploy for couples to do things/buy stuff for eachother. Its just another day with a label attached, IMO. Sorry if that sounds harsh, I guess I have a heart encased in ice lol

I did however make him dinner last night and we had a special evening.. I suppose that counts for something right? :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards