July 2013 Weddings

Possible Wedding Dates - Advice Please!

Hi ladies!

I am new to "The Knot" and was hoping I could get some feedback from some of you fellow NY/NJ brides-to-be. I just found a great location for my wedding and received the list for the available dates. I am a little concerned since the 4 dates each seem to have their downfalls.

May 25th, 2013 (5/25/13) - Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. I am afraid it will make it more expensive for those traveling for the wedding. Also, I don't want to inconveince anyone's plans since it is a holiday weekend.

July 13th, 2013 (7/13/13)- The venue would be both in and out doors and I am concerned about the weather during this time of the year.

August 3rd, 2013 (8/3/13)- Also the same as above for July.

September 14th, 2013 (9/14/13 - The price increased substaintially from the above dates.

I would love to hear what you all think about the above dates. I know weather can always interfere with plans and it will be a great time either way.

Thank you in advance for any advice or recommendations you can give me Laughing 

Re: Possible Wedding Dates - Advice Please!

• edited July 2012
    welcome to the knot and congrats

i wouldnt get married during holiday weekends due to venues and hotels increasing fees.  plus lot of traffic and such. i say july but i know on east coast can be hot and humid and muggy. i say check out the farmers almanac and check out weather for other dates
  • Welcome! I say go with what you can afford. All those dates sound lovely..it all depends on what you prefer. We picked July bc of the weather and loooonnngg days.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Avoid holiday weekends if possible. Otherwise, I'd go with July or August. The weather where I live isn't that much different than NY/NJ, and we chose July for our outdoor, evening ceremony.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • keyaira04keyaira04 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited July 2012
    Agree with vowels. Go with the price. As far as holiday, I know a few weddings during the July 4th and memorial day weekends. Prices have not been an issue within our area for July 5th but I would check it out against your two middle dates.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • We're a bit biased, obviously, but I agree with PP and would stay away from the May date.  Most people seem to have holiday rituals and then your guests would be forced to choose between your wedding and their regular plans.  Also, I know FI can't take off the working day before or after a holiday at work, so it would be personally difficult for us to attend a wedding during Memorial Day weekend.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • We're doing July 13th in nj and our ceremony is supposed to be outside however we have a back up plan in case of bad weather. I think as long as you have a plan B for the outdoor portion you'll be fine. And since it will probably be hot I'm just planning on having lots of water bottles available during the ceremony.
  • We're doing ours outdoors and also plan on water bottles and program fans.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_possible-wedding-dates-advice-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:f537447b-f61e-4e31-868f-6629b35253a2Post:f6d99e3f-3541-4753-88e1-b14e7b39484d">Re: Possible Wedding Dates - Advice Please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're doing ours outdoors and also plan on water bottles and program fans.
    Posted by flutterbride2b[/QUOTE]

Yes I was just looking up how to make program fans yesterday! I think they're such a great idea for an outdoor ceremony.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards