July 2013 Weddings

Dilemma on bridal party gifts...

I have a question for you guys....so we are getting married on the beach at the Cape and I really want to give my ladies silver Cape Cod necklaces...

BUT...

my fiance's sister, who got married in the Dominican, got the silver chain with gold ball CC necklaces...

My question is....should I not do this because it's "already been done"? I can't help but feel that this necklace is perfect for the situation....

I've already spoken with my fiance's mother and she thinks it's still fine to do...but idk, I'm really bummed out that she did it! 

Oh, and she's in the wedding party, too.....

The necklace is slightly different...I'd probably give my MOH the one with the gold ball....

opinions?

Re: Dilemma on bridal party gifts...

• Ehhh, with so many weddings that happen all around us, things are bound to be repeated. If you feel it fits your wedding, go for it. If SIl says anything, butter her up and tell her you thought they were so great you wanted your girls to have em too!!! or just say they fit your wedding perfectly!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

• I think it would be fine for you to give them to your girls.  Only the one will know they are similar.  If they are perfect for your wedding, I say get them!  
  • As long as you think they will like them, don't worry about it having "been done." Remember too, you don't hhave to give them all the same thing.
  • it's a really pretty necklace! Who wouldnt love to get some jewelry?! I think that would be a perfect present! 
    ~Happy Wife.... Happy Life~
  • I totally agree with Shilotony, your are bound to want to repeat soemthing someone else did and "imitation is the greatest form of flattery." Butter up the SIL and I'm sure she'll feel important and not upset about it. It's just a necklace, it's not like you copied her dress or some major detail.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards