July 2013 Weddings
Options

Registry...whoo!

I'm still beat today after completing our Target Registry. I don't know if I'm tired because I did it by myself or because it was a lot to do. I guess I should have waited and went with my MOH, but I had time and just wanted it done today.

I have decide doing a second one is for the birds! If FI wants one at JC Penny, he can go :) FI told me a while back he had no interest in going, so guess we will only have one registry. No big deal. Overall, it was fun to pick things and think about our first place together...

Anyone else register yet?
Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Re: Registry...whoo!

• Options
    I couldn't imagine doing the registry on my own! That's a big task -- especially at target!

We're only registered at Williams Sonoma right now.... but we're considering doing another one at Bloomingdales (we already live together and have all we need, so everything on our list is "upgrades")
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I don't think we'll be registering anywhere. I wanted to do a small registry at some place like Target, Macy's, or Bed Bath & Beyond... but my FI is dead-set against having a registry. He thinks we already have everything we need. I agree with him but would like to do some "upgrades". We could really use some new pots and pans, good-quality knives, a hardcore blender, towels, and bed linens. Sigh.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_registrywhoo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:fca093d2-dd35-4321-89ce-ce11ba5f0a0fPost:7c772b02-fa91-4198-821a-8c033a743e8c">Re: Registry...whoo!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think we'll be registering anywhere. I wanted to do a small registry at some place like Target, Macy's, or Bed Bath & Beyond... but my FI is dead-set against having a registry. He thinks we already have everything we need. I agree with him but would like to do some "upgrades". We could really use some new pots and pans, good-quality knives, a hardcore blender, towels, and bed linens. Sigh.
    Posted by Chels&Jimmy[/QUOTE]

I've never heard of anyone being against a registry before. Do you know why he's so against it? What will people get you for your shower? Not that I have experience with this but I would think if you didn't have a registry then people would just end up buying you random things that you might not want.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've got very small registries at Target and Kohl's right now.  We haven't gone around the stores with the scanner yet, because I want to do the majority of our housewares registering at BBB.  There isn't one in our town, so I have to wait until we go to visit my parents together so we can do it at the one by their house.  After that, we'll fill in the ones at Target and Kohls and also register at Menards for our home and yard maintenance items.  FI doesn't care as much about it now, I think because we don't have a house yet.  He'll probably care more once we do.  I sort of want to get going on one because I know people will probably use it for Christmas for us.
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_registrywhoo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:fca093d2-dd35-4321-89ce-ce11ba5f0a0fPost:e216000e-1087-4f89-a848-4d3f60d01fc3">Re: Registry...whoo!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Registry...whoo! : I've never heard of anyone being against a registry before. Do you know why he's so against it? What will people get you for your shower? Not that I have experience with this but I would think if you didn't have a registry then people would just end up buying you random things that you might not want.
    Posted by kay136[/QUOTE]

From what I understand, he is against it because (1) he doesn't think we need anything household-related; (2) he thinks most registry items are too expensive for our family and friends; and (3) he would rather that anyone who wants to give us a gift, gives cash that we can put toward our honeymoon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_registrywhoo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:fca093d2-dd35-4321-89ce-ce11ba5f0a0fPost:54c75f96-1f08-4416-a5a2-d3dbe1317b14">Re: Registry...whoo!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Registry...whoo! : From what I understand, he is against it because (1) he doesn't think we need anything household-related; (2) he thinks most registry items are too expensive for our family and friends; and (3) he would rather that anyone who wants to give us a gift, gives cash that we can put toward our honeymoon.
    Posted by Chels&Jimmy[/QUOTE]

That makes sense. Honestly- there are some things I want upgrades on and a few things I've been waiting for years to be able to get when I get married like an awesome mixer and a food processor but overall I've been dragging on the registry beacuse I don't really know what to put on it. I am super excited about the scanner though. I just want to scan everythign in the store! haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards