September 2012 Weddings

What is your first dance song?

We have been trying to figure it out for a while now and we both agreed last night on Lucky by Jason Mraz.  I like the lyrics a lot and think it is very pretty.  FI agrees.  Anyone else doing that song?  What is yours?

Re: What is your first dance song?

• I'm trying to talk FI into that song! I love it. But he always wants to "keep looking" so we can't pin a song down :( I would love to just pick a song and be done and move on!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are dancing to Collide by Howie Day. We were driving home from a weekend with friends and family, I was driving and this song came on. I've heard him sing this song before but for some reason i was crying it was so beautiful. It was an easy choice for us!
    Sept 2012 May Siggy
    Honeymoon in Mexico

292474_f520 Wedding Countdown TickerLilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • We are dancing to Someone Like You by Van Morrison or True Companion by Marc Cohn

We don't have "a song" so... we just started listening to the radio a little more closely and love both of thse!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Smother Me by The Used

its a really sweet song and we both have liked it for our first dance song even before he proposed
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers image165 image100 image38
  • This Year's Love by David Gray
    We've considered a few others but we keep coming back to that one ;)
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • i would have loved to use "our song" but it really isn't first dance material. when we were first still talking (not dating yet), we went mini golfing, and they played all these 90's songs when we were there. anyone remember "how bizarre"  by omc? yeah, that is our song. he had them play it again when he proposed at that same mini golf course :) but i really don't think we can dance to that.

though we haven't actually decided on it yet, i think we're leaning towards "can't help falling in love with you", but i'm not sure which version. i really like the andrea bocelli version, but it is live. not big on elvis.
    Happily married since 9/1/2012!
    The Whimsical Wifey
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_what-is-your-first-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:10a41e63-9717-4c3c-b528-36b0ed8dc49dPost:cc0b23f7-f8d4-4618-85c9-60dfd9dd7c68">Re: What is your first dance song?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Smother Me by The Used its a really sweet song and we both have liked it for our first dance song even before he proposed
    Posted by jezpez717[/QUOTE]

I wanted that one but FI said it was too cheesy. :(

We are dancing to "Make You Feel My Love" by Adele. Usually I go with original artists, but Dylan's version just didn't have the same emotion.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_what-is-your-first-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:10a41e63-9717-4c3c-b528-36b0ed8dc49dPost:a576536f-0bc8-4a80-9059-ea1d9ae53305">Re: What is your first dance song?</a>:
    [QUOTE]This Year's Love by David Gray We've considered a few others but we keep coming back to that one ;)
    Posted by mamameech[/QUOTE]

Oh Meech, I forgot how much I LOVE this song! Thanks for reminding me of it! :)

We originally picked "You Had Me From Hello" by Kenny Chesney, just because it fit us. I always felt like it was a typical wedding song, but we settled on it. Then I heard "Cowboys and Angels" by Dustin Lynch on the radio and thought that fit our wedding "feel" better and it was so sweet. Fi wasn't too sure about it though. But one day out of nowhere, he texted me a line from the song with a smilie face and I knew that he realized the same thing. So we agreed on that and now I LOVE it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_what-is-your-first-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:10a41e63-9717-4c3c-b528-36b0ed8dc49dPost:482b06e5-c20f-4b22-9a08-2387180ba0e5">Re: What is your first dance song?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is your first dance song? : I wanted that one but FI said it was too cheesy. :( We are dancing to "Make You Feel My Love" by Adele. Usually I go with original artists, but Dylan's version just didn't have the same emotion.
    Posted by AshnRobo[/QUOTE]

ouch, its not cheesy. We love that song, we are big Used fans and trying to sneak in screamo stuff in the wedding, we are using a few "Punk goes Pop" covers during the wedding too lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers image165 image100 image38
  • We are dancing to Crush by Dave Matthews Band. It has been our song for almost 8 years now. :)
    Anniversary
  • God Gave Me You - Blake Shelton
    GIven our relationship and the things we've had to deal with up to this point, it just fits :)

• We are doingc something country.

You had me from hell. Kenny Chesney, he played that song the day we got enaged!
    Soon to be Mrs. Roberts :)Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• You had me from hello*****

SORRY TYPO!
    Soon to be Mrs. Roberts :)Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• We will be dancing to Freeze Frame Time by Brandon Rhyder. It was the first song we ever danced to together and the lyrics fit perfectly for a first dance. We both knew it would be this song before we even got engaged.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We will be dancing to Push by Sarah McLachlan.  I played it for FI the first time we dated 7 years ago and told him I always wanted it to be my wedding song.  After 5 years of not speaking when we finally reconnected he played it when he proposed.  I was shocked he remembered! 
  • Our venue has a sweet tradition where the couple gets the first and last dance. Our first is 'To Make You Feel My Love' sung by Adele but FH gets to pick the last song, as tradition, so I won't know what it is until the end of the night!
  • either God Gave me You by Blake Shelton or Crazylove by Michael Buble (redo of Van Morrison song)
  • We don't have "a song" either and FI claims not to care what the song is as long as it's short, lol, so it's pretty much up to me. My current favorite is "Maybe I'm Amazed" by Paul McCartney, but I don't want to commit to it for sure yet. However, we're starting dance lessons in 3 weeks, so I better figure it out by then, lol!
    Sept 2012 Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
    But instead of yellow, mine will be peridot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_what-is-your-first-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:10a41e63-9717-4c3c-b528-36b0ed8dc49dPost:80385654-44df-4f8c-9662-7876423d68e3">Re: What is your first dance song?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i would have loved to use "our song" but it really isn't first dance material. when we were first still talking (not dating yet), we went mini golfing, and they played all these 90's songs when we were there. anyone remember "how bizarre"  by omc? yeah, that is our song. 
    Posted by kellycatalo[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>You could always walk in to that song! Our song is sweet child o' mine by guns and roses so it's not exactly first dance material. So, we are going to walk in to it. 

</div>
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • It's a toss up between Sweet Pea by Amos Lee and Better Together by Jack Johnson. I keep asking FI which he prefers and he never fully answers. =P
  • Better Together by JJ is going to be our cake cutting song - I LOVE IT :)
    FI is soooo anti Michael Buble but I want some of his songs played during dinner when we have light, soothing music playing in the background.

It's funny how both FI and I used to listen to David Gray on repeat for years... I think it's cuz we both went through some "down" time so we really related to the music. I remember thinking years ago how much I'd love that song (This Year's Love) as my wedding song if I ever got married and when I played it for FI, he teared up and said it was perfect.
    I really love Forever by Ben Harper too, but I think I'll use that as a dedication song later in the evening.
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Our first dance song is I'm Yours by Jason Mraz

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_what-is-your-first-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:10a41e63-9717-4c3c-b528-36b0ed8dc49dPost:1966333c-c1d4-47b1-844b-b76d7841d6e1">Re: What is your first dance song?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are doingc something country. You had me from hell. Kenny Chesney, he played that song the day we got enaged!
    Posted by kendalldavis[/QUOTE]

<div>this would be perfect for us because the very first night we met he said something about how wierd it was bc he had this feeling like we were meant to be together... </div><div>
    </div><div>i'll add this to my maybe list - along with "just to see you smile."</div>
    Photobucket Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • "Existentialism on Prom Night" by Straylight Run. I am SO excited for this. I get chills just THINKING about this song.
    Anniversary
  • FI and I don't have one yet.  We never had "our song" but he made me a cd a few months after we started dating.  Use Somebody by Kings of Leon is one of the songs on there, and I suggested that one, but FI said we can do better.  I have no idea right now what we'll be dancing to.

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

• Definately some great choices on here! We've contemplated several of these songs but in the end we chose something a little different - just like us hahaha. We are doing "Tell me what we gonna do now" by Joss Stone featuring Common.
  • Took me hours and days apon days to find a song. Until one day watching the movie "Country Strong", I started bawling... Give into Me - Garrett Hedlund and Leighton Meester

Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and I don't live to be. But, before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. -Bob Marley

• I'm thinking about "Kissing You" by Desree. It's the song in the Leo version of Romeo and Juliet when they first meet. It's such a beautiful song with so much emotion.
  • We'll be dancing to "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol. It's meant a lot to us through our relationship so it's only fitting. I'm not sure what our last dance will be but I really love Jason Mraz's new song "I Won't Give Up." Maybe we should end with something more upbeat and bouncy though...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_what-is-your-first-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:10a41e63-9717-4c3c-b528-36b0ed8dc49dPost:bdc961cb-affc-4345-918f-406d617f917b">Re: What is your first dance song?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm thinking about "Kissing You" by Desree. It's the song in the Leo version of Romeo and Juliet when they first meet. It's such a beautiful song with so much emotion.
    Posted by Rittelc[/QUOTE]

I'm in love with this song too. I have the version of Beyonce singing it playing on our wedding website :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards