September 2012 Weddings
Options

Save the Dates- Help!!

I booked my photographer and over a year and a half ago and she was so booked up we couldn't get our engagement photos done until early May. We should be getting the pictures this week, and the wedding is 9/29/12.  With all of this headache, I don't think we are going to be able to get the STD's out in time :/ we are also on a tight budget and I was wondering if anyone had any input on sending the STDs w/ the invitations? I have already ordered the invitations and they should be here next week. I know its not proper etiquette to send them out together, but I am nervous with the timing of it all. Any thoughts?

Re: Save the Dates- Help!!

• Options
    edited May 2012
    At this point I would forget about the STDs and save your money.  STDs are a new trend anyway and are sent out 9-12 months before the wedding to give guests a heads-up about the date of the wedding.  With 4 months until the wedding, just wait and send out the invitations.  I don't know why you would want to send them out together that wouldn't make any sense to me.

ETA:  Is there another event on that same day as your wedding that might cause conflict for the guests?  Why are you nervous about the timing?
    image180 image85 image8 Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    Why would you send out STDs with the invitation? The point of the STD is to let your guests know that your wedding is in a few months and to expect an invitation. At this point I would nix the STD, and if you're really concerned about people saving the date then just call and give them a heads up. Plus, you'll save money that way.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_save-the-dates-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:1ae68f60-be28-48be-8b3e-7d00a112cd88Post:81d5c09b-facc-488e-9f30-d55b2b4ff9fb">Re: Save the Dates- Help!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]At this point I would forget about the STDs and save your money.  STDs are a new trend anyway and are sent out 9-12 months before the wedding to give guests a heads-up about the date of the wedding.  With 4 months until the wedding, just wait and send out the invitations.  I don't know why you would want to send them out together that wouldn't make any sense to me. ETA:  Is there another event on that same day as your wedding that might cause conflict for the guests?  Why are you nervous about the timing?
    Posted by abcollins08[/QUOTE]

There isn't another event on our day, just nervous about the timing of the invitations and the STD's. Pretty upset that our photographer screwed us on not being able to send the STD's out on time.
  • Options
    I don't think your photog screwed you. We did STD's without pictures and they were lovely!

Just skip STD's and maybe you can use an engagement picture for your thank you cards for your shower and/or wedding thank you's. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_save-the-dates-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:1ae68f60-be28-48be-8b3e-7d00a112cd88Post:30315167-1bc3-42b7-9884-d2a384c38d55">Re: Save the Dates- Help!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think your photog screwed you. We did STD's without pictures and they were lovely! Just skip STD's and maybe you can use an engagement picture for your thank you cards for your shower and/or wedding thank you's. 
    Posted by Callmefia[/QUOTE]

It's not your photographers fault and STD don't have to include pictures.  Like PP said, lots of people don't use their pictures.  You can use the engagment pictures around the reception area or make for thank you cards.
    image180 image85 image8 Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    I would skip them at this point, as PP have stated.

I do understand where you're coming from though. I ALWAYS wanted engagement pics for the STDs. My photographer was booked last fall and we squeezed them in at the end of February. I didn't send out my STD's until mid to late April, so I get it.

Maybe an in-between thing you could do is email a STD of an e-pic, ASAP? Just a thought.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the input ladies!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards