September 2012 Weddings

Bach Party--Slightly sad

So I'm having a pity party, party of one, right now.  My BFF of almost 30 years offered to plan a little get together Bachelorette Party at the end of August.  Super sweet and I'm so grateful.  She mentioned two options and for one option I could invite up to 12 people, and since I'm not personally into bar hopping and strippers, I could invite my mom and aunt if I chose.  So I did, plus the 4 in my bridal party (including BFF), and 6 more friends.  Well, due to work, finances, or other people's wedding commitments, only my family and BFF are able to go.  So I'm kind of feeling like the person who brings her cousin to prom because she can't get a date. 

And I feel bad for my FI too because his party is the same day as another friend's bach party, which he didn't know about until after his date was picked.  So it looks like he might not have some people coming due to that. 

I guess we are both at the same level of lameness, so that's good?  Haha.

I know it will be a fantastic time and I love my family and BFF so it will be great.  Was just lamenting about feeling like I have no friends.  I know I do though...Thanks for letting a girl vent!
Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.

Re: Bach Party--Slightly sad

• If you already have some declines, why not open it up to a few more of your friends? They'd still have a month to decide if they'd be able to make it :)
    Sept 2012 Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
    But instead of yellow, mine will be peridot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I know how you feel.  With August around the corner a lot of people I know are going away etc.  so that means low attendance for pre-wedding parties that MOH has planned.  I think I'd be more bummed if people didn't come to the wedding than to a party, but that's just me.
  • Oh absolutely.  I'm glad they are coming to the wedding and I do understand they have lives.  I was just having a pity party for myself :-)
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • Oh, I can totally understand this. My MOH planned mine for Vegas, which is totally awesome and fun but means that a lot of people aren't going to be able to attend because of money and/or schedule conflicts. That's all fine and dandy. However, when she finally came up with an approximate amount and asked for commitments (probably a month or two ago), we had 12 girls say yes, FOR SURE. Now, here we are about a month out and 6 of them have bailed, leaving just me, MOH, my cousin and 2 other friends. It will still be super fun and I understand that it's expensive but I just don't understand people who commit to something, once they know the price, and still bail later. Just say no, or maybe from the beginning ya know? It's just frustrating for planning purposes for my MOH (and makes me feel like the girl who's taking her cousin to prom too, lol). So, yeah...I feel your pain.
    Anniversary
  • I get this - my friends are scattered all over the world, and I'd be hard pressed to pick a city or activity where I could gather more than 5 people to do anything, even a happy hour!  So I opted instead to fly out to visit my brother, and I had a blast for a bachelorette with my brother & his girlfriend (my brother is my brother-of-honor and the only person in my bridal party - no bridesmaids).  It was a bit non-traditional, but I would rather do something like that then feel disappointed when others couldn't make it when I was expecting a big party.

Anniversary

• I'm feeling a little bit in the same boat.  My friend/bridesmaid is throwing me a party- but I'm not sure how many people will actually come.  I don't have that many girlfriends to begin with and my closest girlfriends all live far away.  I also have 3 sisters that live in other states.  So we're inviting some girls that are in our social circle (dating close guy friends).  It's going to be really weird if they're the only ones that can make it!  I think if I don't put too many expectations on it - it will be a fun night no matter what!
  • I almost cancelled my shower just because I couldn't get a lot of friends or family to come. I decided that the people who are able to come care about me enough that I really need to go through with it. I say as long as you are surrounded by people who love you then, having a pity party now is perfectly acceptable!
    Anniversary Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image
  • Why don't you combine your respective parties?
  • I do totally understand the being disappointed, only half my bridal party is going to make it to my bachlorette... but atleast we'll have fun with the people who do go :)
  • My bach party was only 6 people and that included me and my mom. We went to a baseball game and I was perfectly happy with it. My shower was only about 13 people (our wedding is really small) so I was a little bummed about that but it was ok. I don't even think FI is going out because all of his friends are out of town except one and won't be able to come in until the wedding. So I feel bad for him. Hopefully you stil have a good time!
  • My bachelorette party is Saturday and I'm not sure how many people will be attending because my sister, who is my MOH, and bridesmaids have been keeping everything very secretive.  I'm hoping there's a good turn out and it's a fun night.  I hope you have fun at yours, and just think... sometimes when there's a large group of girls there could be more drama, etc.  Having less people could be a good thing. 
  • My bach party is in 2 weeks and I will have about 5 people (including me) lol  I dont mind, I'd rather have it small then have a bunch of people that I dont want there haha... But everyones allowed to have pity parties, ever since wedding planning started I have a pity party at least once a month :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards