September 2012 Weddings
Options

music

FI and I are having a really hard time picking out songs for the cake cutting & the introduction songs for ourselves & our parents.  What are you ladies using?

Re: music

• Options
    Think we will be using "I've Got A Feeling" by Black Eyed Peas for our intro, but nothing is settled yet. Our BMs and GMs dont know each other too well so I don't think we will be having the pairs pick songs to enter to. I've seen that done before tho and it's cute! I have a couple cake cutting possibilities "Are you Gonna Kiss Me or Not" by Thompson Square, "Sweet Pea" by Amos Lee, "Sugar Sugar" is cute for cakes too. For the anniversary dance we are doing "Stand By Me" by Ben E King and for bouquet toss "Luck Be a Lady" by Frank Sinatra. Still haven't picked a first dance song. Toss up between a few: "A Kiss to Build a Dream On" Louis Armstrong, "You Are The Best Thing" Ray LaMontagne, and "Dancing Shoes" by Green River Ordinance. Weird variety of choices but honestly I'm hoping a new song comes out or we find something else. I just haven't been blown away by anything yet!
  • Options
    Sorry I am typing on my phone and my post is a wall of text!!
  • Options
    Thank you so much.  That was really helpful! I honestly didn't think music would be this difficult :/
  • Options
    I didn't even think about the music for cake cutting.  Eek.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're doing "Sweet Pea" by Amos Lee for cake cutting.  Our parents are entering to the same song as the bridal party... which I am 99% sure will be "Say Hey (I Love You)" by Michael Franti & Spearhead.
  • Options
    Oops- and we're entering to "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" by The Darkness <3

I have a "thing" for 1 hit wonders :p
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_music-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:22d90195-d6b9-477f-af8f-62fce5d954f3Post:2dc5d317-c3fb-4218-9784-faf044b6d958">Re: music</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oops- and we're entering to "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" by The Darkness 
    Posted by jacquiroxx[/QUOTE]

<div>OMG fantastic, haha.</div>
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Entering to brighter than the sun by colbie caillat, and as a little fun, def leppard pour some sugar on me :
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_music-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:22d90195-d6b9-477f-af8f-62fce5d954f3Post:2dc5d317-c3fb-4218-9784-faf044b6d958">Re: music</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oops- and we're entering to "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" by The Darkness <3 I have a "thing" for 1 hit wonders :p
    Posted by jacquiroxx[/QUOTE]

<div>we are walking into the same song! my FI is into rock...i love country. but i love this song :)</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards