September 2012 Weddings

Lunch and a Question

Good morning, Ladies -

So what's for lunch today?  I'm having a WW Smart Ones Chicken Ranchero Wraps and Sun Chips. 

Since it's been so warm lately, I can't stop thinking about camping trips and laying out on the beach.  What's your favorite warm weather activities?? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Lunch and a Question

• edited March 2012
    I just want to be at the lake and get the boat on the water, and lots of wine tours!

I have some marinated flank steak and broccoli left overs and some cottage cheese for lunch.
    Sept 2012 Siggy:Bridesmaids' Dresses
    Bari Jay 911 in Raspberry
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well, according to the cafeteria menu, I'm having a greek wrap today. Hmm.

I can't wait till the warm weather decides to stay! We had a blast of 80 degree heat last week and now its terrible out. But when it does decide to stay put, we love to cook outside, walk to the ice cream stand next door, and most importantly, ride our ATVs. We could go for hours and hours on those things. I can't wait to get my new one!!!!
  • I'm having a salad with tuna and homemade balsamic vinaigrette.

I love going for walks with FI around our neighborhood. We have beautiful lakes and trees only a few blocks away. We also love going to outdoor festivities in the city where there's live music and dancing. They call it Summer Dance. Can't wait for that to start! 
  • Having (1) cup of left over mac & cheese & baby carrots for lunch! 

I can't wait to go hiking & to the beach this year. But I mainly look forward to going to Fenway Park once the weather warms up a bit. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm with Meagan - COTTAGE!!! I love going for early morning jogs around the lake, spending hours reading on the dock, tubing with my son behind the boat, sipping sangrias with friends and lake parties/bon fires. It's just AWESOME!
    I can't wait to hear the frogs and crickets sing me to sleep that first night either... *sigh*

Lunch? Eggwhite wrap. Hits the spot and gives me the protein I need after this morning's JM workout.
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • FI and I are both big campers! Love taking the dogs out, getting a waterfront site and just enjoying ourselves :)

Oh, and lunch is lemon chicken rice lol
  • I'm having some leftover pasta from dinner last night.  I goofed and realized too late that it wasn't GF, I grabbed the box right next to the GF stuff on grocery day.  FI hates leftovers and I hate waste so I'm going to suck it up and eat it.

I love, love, love running in the warm weather.  I also like kayaking!
  • Haven't decided on lunch today yet but about the head to the kitchen. I love packing up all those winter clothes and bringing out my spring/summer clothes. That's what I'm doing today. I love just being able to sit on a porch with FI and grilling, he's a big grill guy. All the warm weather festivals and stuff. We have a HUGE catholic population here so there are seemingly a million festivals during the summer and of course, Taste of Cincinnati, Memorial day weekend is our favorite thing!
  • Lunch was leftover picadillo and brown rice. It was delicious. Still not the same as when my mom makes it though. 

We go out of town pretty frequently during the summer. We'll go camping in WV, to my family's summer house in CT, or to one of his relatives houses in WV or Virginia. We both love living in the city but it's really nice to get away too. We may be going to Gettysburg, PA this weekend. 

last year FH was working a second weekend job which got in the way of our trips. I am really looking forward to this summer although there is a chance he may be away for most of it. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm at home today, so I don't really have a set "lunch". I ate a half a grapefruit early and I just had some cheese and crackers so I should be set for a few hours. Oh, and 2 diet cokes lol. I might just push dinner up to like 5pm.

My fav warm weather activity is walking around the city! FI and I live in Center City, Philadelphia. I love walking around, but who wants to walk when it's miserable out? And I *walk*. I can cover 4 or 5 miles on a work day, even. More on the weekends. 
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • adktd2bootsadktd2boots member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Leftover Cheesy Hashbrowns (but not a lot because FI ate a bunch) and brussel sprouts.

I love being outside in the sun!  Gardening, swimming (ok, more like flopping around in the water), reading a book in a chair.
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • junebug19junebug19 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I actually have a good lunch today; leftovers from last night, a grilled chicken breast topped with strawberry relish and a side of steamed spinach.

I love to camp and go to the beach and just be outside in the warm weather! Already have our first camping trip all set up and I'm counting the days :) 
  • edited March 2012
    Lunch todday was just a peanut butter on wheat, carrots, broc slaw, and an apple.

I'm total opposite of everyone...I hate the summer!  Summer is miserable here because it rains EVERY single afternoon and is just so humid and hot.  Even on weekends we really just go outside at night because of the temperature and I burn so easily and FI hates to get any darker haha (our skin tones couldnt be more opposite).  But at night we like to go down to the beach where there is a good breeze.  All the walking and running and grilling and hanging outside you ladies are talking about we prefer to do from October to about April, maybe May if we are lucky.  Then we hide in the A/C.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_lunch-and-a-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:2c350b91-23cb-458d-b6ac-1cc143a27d5aPost:660eba6d-19cb-4f65-8105-22beb96e5fca">Re: Lunch and a Question</a>:
    [QUOTE] My fav warm weather activity is walking around the city! FI and I live in Center City, Philadelphia. I love walking around, but who wants to walk when it's miserable out? And I *walk*. I can cover 4 or 5 miles on a work day, even. More on the weekends. 
    Posted by smartlypretty[/QUOTE]

I actually love city walks in the summertime too. I grew up in "cottage country" so when I first move to "the big city" I totally loved everything it had to offer during the summer months. Downtown patios, walks along the canal and gelato!! Then I had my son and met FI and started spending time at his cottage... now, as much as I still love the city, it feel soooooo good to get out on the weekends. It's the only place I can truly relax. I don't read in the city because I can always be doing something else. There, my "job" is to just breathe ;)
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • smartlyprettysmartlypretty member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_lunch-and-a-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:2c350b91-23cb-458d-b6ac-1cc143a27d5aPost:9153f5a8-c77d-4050-a934-0e2fe8f97d1e">Re: Lunch and a Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lunch and a Question : I actually love city walks in the summertime too. I grew up in "cottage country" so when I first move to "the big city" I totally loved everything it had to offer during the summer months. Downtown patios, walks along the canal and gelato!! Then I had my son and met FI and started spending time at his cottage... now, as much as I still love the city, it feel soooooo good to get out on the weekends. It's the only place I can truly relax. I don't read in the city because I can always be doing something else. There, my "job" is to just breathe ;)
    Posted by mamameech[/QUOTE]

<div>I totally feel you. My family also has a house on the Jersey Shore (not like the show lol), and when I go there all I do is relax. Nothing else. It's so, so peaceful being down there. </div>
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • Lunch today was Chilli's with friends from where I used to work.... I was good and only had a small bowl of soup!

Favorite part of summer is sitting on the front porch swing in the morning with my hot tea, drinking wine at night by the fire pit in the backyard, and hubby doing ALL of the cooking cause he is the GRILL MASTER!!!! Tongue Out
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards