September 2012 Weddings
Options

AW: Isn't he the cutest? and a few checks

My FI loved to make fun of all my texts over the past year of "8 months left" or "3 months ;-)"  when I was counting down to this wedding.  Then yesterday, when I went to send FI a blackberry message that I was leaving work, I noticed his BBM status changed.  It said "24 days!!!" then had a bunch of emoticons (a cake, smiley face, a dancing smiley face, a heart, a glass of wine, a fork and knife and a beer).  This morning when I went to BBM that I arrived at work safely he had updated it to 23 days.  It totally made me melt and centered me about what I've been stressing for!  We rush around with all these details and everyone always knows the bride is involved but it means the world (especially since we tend to forget if you have a fairly stoic guy) that the groom is excited too!

Last night I finished putting pictures in the frames for our recpetion decor and have decided that I'm done with the picture collage (not so much a collage but a picture list of poses) for my photags.  There are always more poses to look at but I just need to cut myself off from looking through google images and pinterest.  We'll get good pictures!  I also set up the final meeting with my photags for this weekend and sent them the photos I selected. 

Re: AW: Isn't he the cutest? and a few checks

• Options
    aaah, that's adorable!! it's always nice to see the guys getting as excited about it as we are!! :)
    -kristine!

image 233 made the cut!
    image 186 are ready to party!
    image 47 are party poopers!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    :)  I love hearing about FI's being involved.  Mine helps and makes comments every now and then.  He wont in front of other people tho (maybe the "macho man" persona?!) lol
  • Options
    Remember to keep in perspective that photos are to document the day - the day isn't supposed to be a photo shoot.  It's a great idea to have a wish list for shots you'd like - just be sure to know which ones you MUST have, and which ones you'd LIKE to have if there's time.

We got some absolutely fabulous shots from our photographer, and I think a lot of that is because we weren't trying to emulate someone else's photos - we had fun when we had time, used what was natural and around us, and then went and enjoyed time with our guests.  I showed our photogs photos we liked, like it sounds like you are doing, but I didn't tell them that we HAD to take those poses. 

I know I won't look back and go, "Gee, I wish we had that dip picture down by the lighthouse" as much as I will say, "Wow, I'm really glad I have that awesome picture of me dancing with my grandfather!  And look at that goofy move my husband is making on the dance floor!"

Just something to keep in mind.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards