September 2012 Weddings
Options

Ceremony seating - vent

So the lady that owns our venue is really a sweet lady... talks too much, but sweet. lol We found the perfect ceremony spot that goes down a slight hill and ends at a round little nook in a meadow (forest lines it and it's like a little "cup" that you walk into). It's perfect and FI loves it so much because it's so natural and "us". The only problem is seating.

Originally we were going to be close tot he barn so the GM volunteered to move the chairs from the ceremony to reception. Now it's further away and it doesn't seem practical. Venue Lady said that some other brides were planning on renting hay bales from her and that she was going to have long slabs of wood that we could lay on top so that they wouldn't have to sit directly on the hay. Awesome. She said $1 a bale and a bale will fit approx 3 people depending on the person.

Now, I emailed her and she said "Oh, you can still use the wood, but it's not going to be sanded or anything so it'll be rough. Might get prickly!" Wtf?! Why would you even recommend it if you knew it wouldn't really be an option to have people sit on it?? And she told me that she could do thick burlap on them and it would be $2 a yard. So approx $3 a bale or $1 per person.

My reception chairs are $.85 a chair. Ugh!!!! So I need some help here. I hate to rent a whole other set of chairs for a 20 minute long ceremony (tops), but lugging them from outside to inside isn't practical and no seating isn't an option. Yell I really wish she wouldn't have suggested it in the first place.

Re: Ceremony seating - vent

• Options
    I think it's worth the money to rent an additional set of chairs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards