September 2012 Weddings
Options

Am I crazy?!

First let me say 75 days left?! WTH is was 100 I swear like a day or two ago! anyways I might be crazy but is anyone else practicing their wedding photo poses? like the "i do" kiss or some other poses just to see if it would work or not? or do you have complete faith in your photographer? i do not :/ and i am very worried because i am not very photogenic

please let me know your thoughts :)

Re: Am I crazy?!

• Options
    hahaha, this just made my day. I may practice a couple in my mirror here and there, but I have an awesome photographer. However, FI's picture smile is painful. Like any picture where people are like "say cheese" he looks like he is in painnnnn "smiling".!! So I have been practicing with his smile. And the I DO kiss we have practiced, since during our engagement shoot he was super awkward again, and was like pecking me and immediatly pulling away. I mean I don't need a big wet sloppy kiss, but like, pretend you are enjoying kissing your bride at least?!!

I think everyone practices to some extent...but that may be because we are all crazy!
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I'm at 54 days.  It's FLYING by! 

Not practicing wedding poses at all - I think FI would kill me!  I do have faith in my photographer, but I know that more importantly, I'll just be really happy that moment and want it to be real, not rehearsed.

I don't think you're crazy, though.  Just don't get too caught up in it during the moment - enjoy it, and that joy will show through.  Even if I have a smooshed teary face during the first kiss picture, I know it'll be a happy memory.  And that picture will remind me how I felt in that moment. 

ETA:  FI also hates taking pictures in general, so practicing to take pictures would really be awful for him.  I just asked our photographer to take as many candids as possible, because his posed smile is so awkward!  But I'm hoping just to keep him looking at me and smiling, so the camera will catch his real smile.

Anniversary

• Options
    I have complete faith in our photographer - I am leaving the creativity all up to him! (shocking eh? haha)
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I just saw that it's 75 days for me, too! AHH!

No, I haven't practiced. When Fiance smiles when he is posed he looks pissed off. He swears that he is smiling, but it looks like a straight line to me! However, when he is naturally laughing/smiling he has a beautiful smile. I'm hoping the emotions of the day will lead to natural looking pictures!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yes... after I saw our engagement photos we HAVE to practice haha  We are just so ackward I guess would be the appropriate word and my FI and the most slanted smile ever haha
  • Options
    I have faith in my photog, but I will definitely suggest some poses.  A couple they had us do were just weird.  Most were great, though.  I was disappointed that none of our e-pics were serious/sexy.  They were all pretty much kissing and smiling, so I think I'll definitely suggest some more serious shots.  I was worried about FI's smile in our pics, but our e-pics turned out great, so I'm not worried anymore.  We will definitely be practicing our first kiss, though.

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

• Options
    omg we just practiced and they look horrible! i dont think it helped that my 9 year old took the pics LOL
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_am-i-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:40ac17dd-589b-445b-befe-419dc72490a8Post:b5d9ac3c-e257-4913-b329-be1cc129f2cd">Re: Am I crazy?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have faith in my photog, but I will definitely suggest some poses.  A couple they had us do were just weird.  Most were great, though.  I was disappointed that none of our e-pics were serious/sexy.  They were all pretty much kissing and smiling, so I think I'll definitely suggest some more serious shots.  I was worried about FI's smile in our pics, but our e-pics turned out great, so I'm not worried anymore.  We will definitely be practicing our first kiss, though.
    Posted by MrsBassPlaya[/QUOTE]

I think this is why it's so important to tell your photogs what you want.  We HATE the serious pictures, we want them all smiley and happy and kissy.  If you and I don't tell our photogs that, they might not realize our preferences.  Ya know? 

We selected a number of pictures from our photog's repertoire and told them that those were our favorites, and I picked out a few and explained why they weren't our style (namely the ones where the couple is blurry while the camera focuses on something else - the bouquet, the rings, etc., or the ones where the picture cuts off the heads.  Not our style).

Anniversary

• Options
    Leo379Leo379 member
    First Comment
    I am not practicing but also don't know how I feel about the photographer. This will be my FI's first "big" wedding and his 4th and my second. He is really trying to hang on to his previous step kids which I understand but he has hired his previous step daughter in law who is trying to get started in the business to do our wedding. She is not experienced and her husband, who is my FI's last wife's son isn't sure if he is coming or not. I don't think she will purposely mess things up. At least I hope not, because it will not be pretty plus I do not want my FI's last ex to see the pictures and she is our photographer's mother-in-law! He says it is an excuse for them to be able to come and though he hasn't said it I know it is important to him that they be there. To me this feels like he wants to keep her close too. Am I wrong to feel like that and be uneasy?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards