September 2012 Weddings

Accountability - Friday

Alright, the only workout I got in last night was walking the dogs and housework, but those definitely can both be quite the workout so I'm not feeling bad about that! Was going to go to the gym this morning, but unfortunately there was so much more housework wise (laundry, packing, etc) this morning that had to be done before we go to Columbus today that I needed to get that done instead. The hotel we're at this weekend has a fitness centre, so I did pack my gym bag as well as my suitcase for the weekend and plan on spending some of my downtime there!

How was everyone's week?

Today's Inspiration Picture:

(I want this shirt BADLY lol)

Reminder to anyone that likes the daily pictures, they are all tagged on the Fitness Inspiration board on my pinterest so if you would like to go see them, go there :)

Re: Accountability - Friday

• Yesterday was pretty bad food wise. We went to a baseball game so dinner was a hot dog with mac and cheese on top and a cinnamon sugar pretzel, and lots of beer. 

Luckily we walk to the stadium and I got in over 8 miles of walking yesterday. My burned calories were still (slightly) higher than my intake so I'm not too worried. 

Our weekend plans are up in there air but I need to work exercise in somehow. I had zero weight loss last week and I feel like I've been slacking. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ugh I want her (pic) upper legs so bad!  Speaking of, lol, I just jump started doing leg workouts.  I was never much for them since I run and I figured that was good enough but BOY am I sore today.  I did a bunch of various exercises using weights so that added a lot to it.  I'm thinking if I do a day of arms and a day of legs per week that I will *hopefully* be nice and toned for the wedding :)  On a side note, I really need to start getting back into my ab routine...
  • I have been doing an arm workout lately and my arms are jello quite often lol but for the same reason, I want my arms toned for the wedding :)
  • Oh forgot to add I do have some good news to report :) After my surgery/treatment and everything when I hit my highest weight (near end of last year) I had a waist size of 32-33". I am excited to report that I am quite comfortable wearing a new pair of jeans that FMIL gave me which are a 30" waist to work today for jean day! I'm getting there!!! I wanna get back to the 28.5" waist I had last time my sister measured me to make clothing for me, before the diagnosis.

• Way to go Brit!  That's awesome, you're almost back to your "before" waistline.  What arm workout are you doing?  My dress is strapless and low back so I'd like to do a little more toning on my arms than I'm doing right now.

I'm still sticking with JM everyday doing 30 day shred.  Tomorrow makes day 10!  FI told me last night that he can actually tell a difference in my legs. YES!  That's just what I needed to hear to keep going with it.  I'd like to get up and workout in the mornings before work but I am NOT a morning person.  Maybe I'll try it next week and see if I can squeeze in 2 videos (one in the morning and one afterwork).
    image180 image85 image8 Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • That's great news Britt :)  I definitely think you are on the track to get to your goal soon!
  • Thanks ladies :) I do a dumbell workout - I can post it when I get home if you'd like (I don't have it here at work lol), but that won't be until Sunday night.

Gotta love when they notice! We were walking into the movies a couple weeks ago, FI had his arm around me, and suddenly he was squeezing my arm and said "You've got muscle!" and it had the same effect on me :)
  • I've been eating pretty healthy... mostly because we haven't gone grocery shopping in a very long time.  You can't snack when there's no food to snack on.

But my ankle is still bothering me, so no big workouts.  I think I'll try taking the dog for a walk and maybe try an ab workout.

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

• Woohoo for being almost down to your "before" waistline, Britt!

As for me, I need to start posting on these threads again.  Weight loss has been (very) slow, but steady.  I'm within a normal BMI *and* strength training, so I don't expect to be losing super quickly.  I'm down 24 pounds now, which means I've lost about 4 pounds this month.  Not too bad, but not amazing either.  I am definitely starting to see more definition in my abs though, and my stomach is flat again.

Still doing Body Revolution and loving it.  Starting week 3 over tomorrow, even though I should be moving onto week 7 tomorrow.  I decided I want to re-do phase 2 and back track into phase 1 a little bit.  I just feel like I've been on auto-pilot for the past month in these workouts and want to give them the attention and focus they deserve.  Really push myself this time around.

Friday is rest day for me, so I'm doing nada tonight.  I *am* still working toward my goal of a six-pack, so I'm still eating for a six-pack as well.  Even though it's Friday, still working hard on the food-front.  Eating 6 times a day is hard work for someone who used to have disordered eating!

Hope everyone has a great weekend and doesn't go crazy on sweets!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards