September 2012 Weddings
Options

Here we go!

I sent out our invitations today! I'm not happy with the hand canceling thing but hopefully people won't care too much about it. But I can't wait to start getting those little envelopes back in the mail. Then it will, hopefully, start to feel real.

Re: Here we go!

• Options
    I know how you feel. I put mine in the mail yesterday!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 129image 102image 24image
  • Options
    Did I miss something? What is hand canceling?
  • Options
    Oh, and yayyyy!!!!
  • Options
    i sent my invitations last thursday, and asked them to hand cancel the invitation the guy said they would be fine going through the machine. I made hand made wrap around labels---when they got delivered my labels were all torn : (. My mom and FMIL told me that happened to theirs   im    so   upset
  • Options
    What is hand canceling?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hand cancelling is where the post office manually stamps the front of the envelope w/ a postmark (it "cancels" the stamp, showing it has been used). Some post offices will do this, I think it's up to the local staff depending on volume. It keeps the inviations from getting too bent up/smudged/wrinkled. I took my invitations to a tiny post office in a town called Bridal Veil, OR- the town doesn't really exist any more (it was an old mill town) but the post office does a very brisk business for their postmark! They hand cancel all the invitations but charge a small fee for it over 50 pieces, and ask that couples buy their postage from them, as that is what keeps them open. It's about a 30 min drive from Portland, so lots of brides from around here will do that.

OP- sorry to hear the invitations didn't fare so well. :( Hard to put a lot of effort into something and not have it work out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yay for sending invites!!  I sent mine out this morning too :-)
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • Options
    Yay!  What a huge check!  Mine go in the mail tomorrow!  At least... all of mine that I have address for.

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

• Options
    Mine went out last week, I am not getting replies back as fast as I thought, so hopefully people get on it and send it back soon!
  • Options
    Yay!  Getting RSVPs is so fun!  We've gotten a ton back already, we mailed them out June 23rd.

Anniversary

• Options
    Just got back from dropping ours at the post office. The lady hand cancelled every one before she let me leave the counter so I guess i could see she had done them all? AHhh its so real now!
  • Options
    We mailed a big chunk of ours out yesterday ! It seems so surreal. There are more to go out. They are local so they've already saved the date.  I cant wait to get my lil green envelopes back in the mail :)
    Future Mrs.Ford Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards