Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

WR: favor question

Random thought I had today... For favors we are doing a candy buffet, as well as little boxes with a decorated cookie inside (set on each table setting).  Every fall my family makes apple butter- its a tradition. I was wondering if it might be cooler to have little jars of homemade apple butter as a favor instead of the boxed cookies... but my wedding isn't in the fall... Which do you guys think would be best?

Re: WR: favor question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you can make it and keep it until your wedding, I think it would be awesome.  No biggie that your wedding isn't in the fall because it's something special to you and your family.  I'd love that!
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love things that are special to your fam, so I'd go with apple butter!I have a small obsession with apple butter currently.  I seriously have had everyday it on toast or PB&J (or AB, ha) for weeks now. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the AB idea since it's something personal!

Vacation

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yummy! Very cool idea- I say go for it, as long as it keeps fine and all.
  • Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the apple butter favor idea is a great one!But I think you should have a milk bar -- and then have all of these flavors - strawberry, chocolate....
  • Options
    jennybean2010jennybean2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i totally agree with the AB idea! i looove AB! that would be an awesome gift! esp since your fam makes it. perfecto!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also love apple butter, I could eat it by the spoonful, no lie.  I think that would be such a cool gift, especially if you made it yourself!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    cute milk bar idea. but... a little known fact about me: I hate milk.  I like milk products, but milk in general grosses me out so bad.  I used to work on the farm a lot- so I'm guessing that has something to do with it
  • Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sara,Pssstttt... I hate milk, too.  :(  I drank it faithfully both times I was pregnant -- but I wasn't too happy.I do like milkshakes and ice cream, though. ;)
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LURVE milk - seriously, DH and I go through at least 2 gallons a week.  But I could see how growing up on a farm might impact that! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards