September 2012 Weddings
Options

another rant..just keep 'em coming!

so, there's another set of family members that weren't invited to the wedding. they are my biological father's side and they basically shunned me and my sister when i was about 18 years old. it's the last time we saw any of them. had it not been for the invention of facebook, we'd probably still never know what they're up to.

one of my aunts sent me a message today that reads "i guess we're not getting invited to the wedding. i'm really disappointed."

UHHHH, HUH?! i haven't seen/heard from any of you in 12 years, WHY would you assume you were invited?!

it's just added the ever-mounting pile of stress i feel coming on strong. i just will never understand some people! :(
-kristine!

image 233 made the cut!
image 186 are ready to party!
image 47 are party poopers!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: another rant..just keep 'em coming!

• Options
    I wouldn't have invited them either if it was me. Wanting to be at a wedding of someone you haven't seen in 12 years just sounds like you want free food and a party to me. I wouldn't stress about it and I honestly wouldn't even respond to that.
  • Options
    Ditto PP.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Agree with PP. I wouldn't have invited them either.

And I agree. . . I will never understand some people.

Try and just put it out of your mind. :)
  • Options
    You replied to my family saga so you know I went through a similar "WTF?  Why would I invite you" moment.  Though yours is worse since you've had no contact!  Definitely don't dignify it with a response.  Keep the no contact going.  I'm not saying family isn't important but respect is still a necessary ingredient.  You don't just get respect because you are family...it has to be earned.  I don't get why some family members feel so entitled because we are genetically similar!  Most of my friends are more like family than my blood relatives!  People are crazy. 
  • Options
    it just put me in such a bad mood last night! and it came out of nowhere! like, no previous contact save for maybe a "happy birthday!" wall posting and whatnot.

but i woke up today and thought "whatev. i haven't let these people bother me for 12 years, not going to start now." you can't just disappear from someone's life and assume that because  a major life moment is occurring, you can swoop right back in and get included! SORRY!

celebrating with people i care about is how i want to spend this day, not feeling awkward around people i hardly know! 
    -kristine!

image 233 made the cut!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_another-rantjust-keep-em-coming?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:62e9eda1-42a8-4e43-8b0a-e945f47d4d03Post:c96b88f1-4911-49e8-bbe6-1f3ca48670eb">Re: another rant..just keep 'em coming!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You replied to my family saga so you know I went through a similar "WTF?  Why would I invite you" moment.  Though yours is worse since you've had no contact!  Definitely don't dignify it with a response.  Keep the no contact going.  I'm not saying family isn't important but respect is still a necessary ingredient.  You don't just get respect because you are family...it has to be earned.  I don't get why some family members feel so entitled because we are genetically similar!  Most of my friends are more like family than my blood relatives!  People are crazy. 
    Posted by volleygurl0306[/QUOTE]

Ditto to this! I honestly couldn't say it any better!
  • Options
    Had a similar situation with my Aunt.  She's not even blood-related but is married to my Mom's brother.  Mom and brother and brother's wife have not talked in almost 15 years since my grandmother was moved into an assisted living.  Aunt contacted me with the same "I guess we're not invited to the wedding" and then proceeded to tell me that she hoped I was not as "shallow" as my mother.

I sent her back a note asking her not to judge me or my mother as we all - including her- have faults.  Gladly she un-friended me on FB.  I'm not sorry that they weren't invited.

Don't let family drama get to you - it is not worth it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have a similar situation - except my Mom felt the need to write them an email explaining that they wouldn't be invited.  *headdesk* Greatttttt!!!!  It sucks, there's nothing you can do about it.

I'd respond with something like, "I'm sorry if you feel left out - it wasn't intentional.  We have a limited budget and guest list, and we had to limit it to people who have met our significant other during the X years we've been together."  (A small reminder she isn't part of your life)

Anniversary

• Options
    just keeps getting better. another aunt put me on blast on your facebook page. i only found out when my mom told me. my mom is not a "let it go" type of person so she privately inboxed this aunt. i just deleted that entire family because frankly, they are not worth it to me.

people just love stirring up drama! :/
    -kristine!

image 233 made the cut!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards