September 2012 Weddings
Options

Advice on this guest issue (long)

So my mom just emailed me her guest list (which of course I'm going to have to trim since I'm not even sure who some of these people are Tongue out) But, here's my problem. About 6 six years or so, I was really close to my uncle and my aunt (his wife. this is my mom's adoptive brother). Then a bunch of stuff happened. (I confided in them and they sold me out to my mom which caused issues, she's a drug addict, she causes drama wherever she goes, blahblahblah)

The issue here is, I'm trying to decide who to invite and not invite whitout it causing drama for the rest of our lives. Yes, I was invited to uncle's wedding and went if that matters. My mom wants to invite my uncle, his wife, his son that's about 14 (that he had with another woman way back) and their two daughters (that are brats). I wouldn't mind inviting uncle. I'd love for their son to come because he was around a lot when he was a toddler. I can't take being in the same room with her daughters (our party is 12 and up anyway) and everytime I see aunt (which was about 3 or 4 years ago, btw) I want to smack her.

Soooo.... I obviously can't just invite uncle and son without wife, but I don't want her there. If they were invited and not her, she'd cause more drama.

I would also get flak for not inviting any of them.

What to do???? FI doesn't want to invite aunt OR uncle because they've always treated my family badly.

And, what I don't understand, is why did my mom talk about how she wouldn't go to "functions" with them anymore and then decide she wants to invite them to my wedding?

Advice? Help? Mallot so I can hit myself over the head?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards