September 2012 Weddings
Options

What wedding?

We got the keys to our new house on Monday.  Since it had been vacant a while and a foreclosure we've been cleaning and making repairs and haven't unpacked a box.  We are hoping to finish the cleaning tonight and install lighting (last night FI installed our new locks using my car's headlights and one hallway light the previous owners didn't swipe) so tomorrow on FI's off day he can start moving our stuff in.  This morning I woke up at 6am (an hour before I wake for work) and though tired I just started mentally unpacking my kitchen.  Haha!  With 20 minutes left to my alarm I resigned to not falling back asleep and jumped on Pinterest to look at some of my house pins and cleaning pins so I could buy supplies at the store today.  I think I've lost it!  And, I'm totally not caring about any of my to-do's for the wedding.  I've told myself this week can be all house, but next week I need to bring the wedding and working out back into the schedule!  Juggling should be quite interesting...I think I just need to review all my task lists and divide and conquer (and maybe take a day off of work).  Unfortunately I lose this weekend to being out of town too.  I don't feel stressed really, but do feel like we were a little crazy to buy a house a month before our wedding.  Oh well, at least we'll have our own place to return to after the HM (hopefully without there still being boxes everywhere). 

Re: What wedding?

• Options
    I've taken two weekends off of wedding planning in the last month, and I'm so glad I did!  You can totally afford it, if you've been organized and have a clear idea of what's left to do.  It's worth it!  Especially with a new house to settle into.

Just be sure to give yourself a cap on settling in so you can get back to wedding stuff - you can always finish the design projects after the wedding/honeymoon when you have more time.

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_what-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:691adfd0-b850-48f4-915c-084687c20f44Post:105cc6f6-2a46-4ba9-8532-d93297f32c4e">What wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We got the keys to our new house on Monday.  Since it had been vacant a while and a foreclosure we've been cleaning and making repairs and haven't unpacked a box.  We are hoping to finish the cleaning tonight and install lighting (last night FI installed our new locks using my car's headlights and one hallway light the previous owners didn't swipe) so tomorrow on FI's off day he can start moving our stuff in.  This morning I woke up at 6am (an hour before I wake for work) and though tired I just started mentally unpacking my kitchen.  Haha!  With 20 minutes left to my alarm I resigned to not falling back asleep and jumped on Pinterest to look at some of my house pins and cleaning pins so I could buy supplies at the store today.  I think I've lost it!  And, I'm totally not caring about any of my to-do's for the wedding.  I've told myself this week can be all house, but next week I need to bring the wedding and working out back into the schedule!  Juggling should be quite interesting...I think I just need to review all my task lists and divide and conquer (and maybe take a day off of work).  Unfortunately I lose this weekend to being out of town too.  I don't feel stressed really, but do feel like we were a little crazy to buy a house a month before our wedding.  Oh well, at least we'll have our own place to return to after the HM (hopefully without there still being boxes everywhere). 
    Posted by volleygurl0306[/QUOTE]

Congratulations on your new house!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_what-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:691adfd0-b850-48f4-915c-084687c20f44Post:380d72d3-1573-4ef6-81ee-a8ccbf00d6a3">Re: What wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've taken two weekends off of wedding planning in the last month, and I'm so glad I did!  You can totally afford it, if you've been organized and have a clear idea of what's left to do.  It's worth it!  Especially with a new house to settle into. Just be sure to give yourself a cap on settling in so you can get back to wedding stuff - <strong>you can always finish the design projects after the wedding/honeymoon when you have more time.
    </strong>Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

Yes, our goal right now (besides cleanliness) is just functionality.  We packed up many of these boxes over a year ago so now it is locating our baking pans and silverware and also just getting the essential toiletries/clothes unpacked.  We agreed we wouldn't do any decorating (or buying of non-essential things) until after the wedding.  FI thinks it is because I want to keep expenses down and the to-do list short, which is in part true.  I also don't want us using all the wall space before I give FI the acrylic pic of me from my boudoir photo shoot as his wedding present!  Any box that has decorative things goes straight to the spare bedroom to be dealt with in October.  I just want to make sure we can find our work clothes and can actually make a home-cooked meal at this point!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_what-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:691adfd0-b850-48f4-915c-084687c20f44Post:c711448b-8d5d-4068-908b-70f1dd1c2e6e">Re: What wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to What wedding? : Congratulations on your new house!
    Posted by melissasdwedding[/QUOTE]

Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards