September 2012 Weddings

AW Cheesy thing I did- Happy Friday!

I was originally waiting to ask my friends to be bridesmaids until I can do it in person when I go home to CA in March.  But then one (who is like a sister to me) and her mom (like a mom to me) offered to host a bridal shower while I'm there, so I figured I should ask her before. We've been playing phone tag all week, so today I sent her a bouquet of flowers and the card will say "Sister Emily,  Will you be my bridesmaid?  Love, Sister Ang" 

I know it's a little cheesy and impersonal, but it's bright and cheery and I think she'll like it (she's 17)  and I don't think she's ever received a floral deliver before.

I'm sharing the flowers now with all of you:::  HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!Cool

Photobucket
Follow Me on Pinterest
Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Re: AW Cheesy thing I did- Happy Friday!

• I think that's a great idea - it's awesome to get flowers at any age!!
    And thank you! Happy Friday to you!!
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_aw-cheesy-thing-did-happy-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:6cff1311-a2fa-4400-b3f2-68b1c3d2006bPost:a64b9102-7bc8-45fe-b73f-ff252d94a66f">Re: AW Cheesy thing I did- Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think that's a great idea - it's awesome to get flowers at any age!! And thank you! Happy Friday to you!!
    Posted by mamameech[/QUOTE]

I want flowers... FI used to be so good about random just because  flowers... It's been a while hmm :/
    Sept 2012 Siggy:Bridesmaids' Dresses
    Bari Jay 911 in Raspberry
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've gotten flowers twice *I think* maybe 3 times.  The first time he brought me a dozen red roses, and I got butterflies and happy and all that.  The second time was cute- the school was selling roses for Valentine's day and one of the kids asked if I wanted to buy some.  I said "No, but here is my boyfriend's phone number, ask him"  the girl called while he was with me, and he didn't quite know how to shield the call and call her back, so I knew I was getting them.  The class selling the flowers was using my classroom (I was the ag teacher and had the floral cooler) and all day long the girl thought she was being sneaky and finally gave me the flowers at the end of the day.  She thought I didn't know he got them for me :)
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I think it's super cute and personal too! Any girl would LOVE to get flowers =)
  • Nothing cheesy about that at all. I love getting flowers. Hmmm.... maybe I should do that with my girls. I haven't "officially" asked them yet...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Aww that's very sweet! I'm sure she'll be thrilled :-)
    Anniversary
  • adktd2bootsadktd2boots member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    It was $42 through teleflora.  When I "liked' their FB page I got a 20% discount
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards