September 2012 Weddings
Options

help me brainstorm ideas for a halfway present

so i want to get or do something for Dan for the halfway mark of our engagement. i'm sort of clueless though. i don't want it to be anything super big or fancy because it's a silly little thing to celebrate, but i wanted to do something fun. i used to always make cookies or treats for special events, but now that we live together, i pretty much make him those things whenever he wants, so it's not really a special thing anymore to bake for him.

i was thinking maybe i could get him something wedding related, but only give half of it to him right now. i'm not quite sure what that would be, though. my only example would be like fancy cufflinks or something, giving him one now and one later. but that's sort of dumb and i don't think he's going to wear cufflinks anyway (unless you have to with tuxes? i have no idea).

anyone else planning on celebrating this little milestone? am i just crazy?
Happily married since 9/1/2012!
The Whimsical Wifey

Re: help me brainstorm ideas for a halfway present

• Options
    You could bake him something like a hill cake and have something to symbolize yourselves at the top. Or some other halfway point sport analogy (I don't know sports...).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I guess I've never even thought about a halfway point. 

Does he have a favorite dinner you don't cook often?
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • Options
    Is there something he's been wanting that can't wait until Christmas or his birthday? 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_brainstorm-ideas-halfway-present?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:7311b6bb-12d9-4d0e-87ac-a34c380b9f68Post:76f04d05-7fd1-4c2b-9fb9-0c932eda219f">Re: help me brainstorm ideas for a halfway present</a>:
    [QUOTE]You could bake him something like a hill cake and have something to symbolize yourselves at the top. Or some other halfway point sport analogy (I don't know sports...).
    Posted by celticmyss[/QUOTE]

<div>This idea is so cute! Does he like football? You could make afootball cake with figurines at the 50 yeard line or something like that :) It may be sort of involved though... but if you have the time/motivation I think that would be a fun halfway gift.</div>
    September 2012: May Sig
    Honeymoon Location: Punta Cana, DR
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FI and I only do gifts on Christmas, birthdays, and anniversaries (never say, Valentines Day or our 6 month-aversery).  I would probably just cook a really nice dinner.  Does he even know your engagement is half over?  I'd need to clue my FI in.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    MY FI would laugh at me if I said it was the halfway point.  I said we were 260 days out and he said "Why do you even know that".  (my TK told me!)  I've just been going by months.  If I guess right, somewhere in the middle of april is our halfway point. 
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • Options

Could you give him something related to your HM? If I remember correctly, I think you were planning on Hawaii...maybe a new pair of sunglasses he could bring? How about a bag of things he could bring on the plane (new earbuds, an itunes gift card, a new book).

Anniversary
  • Options
    these are all great ideas! i think i might just make him an extra special dinner and tell him that its our halfway point (i'm pretty sure he has no idea, and will think it's funny that i know that). i really like the sunglasses/HM idea (and yeah we are going to hawaii, laur). maybe i will make the dinner hawaiian themed and wear a lei. :)
    Happily married since 9/1/2012!
    The Whimsical Wifey
  • Options

such good ideas! and maybe the cake for dessert!!!

January Siggy ****weight loss**** image Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards