September 2012 Weddings
Options

Huge sigh of relief!

I've wanted big soft curls for my wedding hair but I am totally untalented when it comes to my hair.  I have long super stick straight hair and have always had a problem getting a curl to stay.  Well, when getting my hair professionally done was beyond the budget, I did some research and my mom and I started playing.  We got pretty good results with a curling iron but the curls didn't stay.  Timewise, they would have made it through the ceremony, some pictures, and maybe dinner but it would have been a mess after. 

I was talking to my dear friend who is the oldest of 5 girls and therefore, a champion of all things girly and she said she'd show my how to do it.  So last night she came over and brought her super duper straightening iron and showed me and my mom (who will be wedding day stylist) how to make these beautiful curls that are actually still here even after sleeping on them!  It was much quicker than a curling iron and I finally feel like my hair will look how I want it and stay that way through the better part of the night.  I was set on buying the exact straightener so I could get the same results (the one I currently own is about 6 years old any way so I'm probably due) and God bless her, she said since she can't make my big day, she'd like to buy the straightener for me as a token of having her there with me.  She also lent me this beautiful silver clip that holds my hair super well for when I want to pull it back while still looking nice at the reception. 

Besides my friend being amazing and overly generous to lend me her clip and buy me an iron, she gave me confidence in how I will look for my wedding.  It feels like a Mastercard commercial because I know that is priceless!

Re: Huge sigh of relief!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards