September 2012 Weddings
Options

My dress nightmare has came true *vent*

I posted this on FB earlier and going to do it here as well. I have been in touch with the dress designer (my oldest sister) over and over about setting up the FIRST fitting for my dress. Well we are 2.5 weeks from the 3 month mark and STILL NOTHING!!!! FI and I both are nervous that nothing has happen. So plan B has to come into effect now. Made an appointment with DB for Sunday when they open to try on dresses. Just me and FI are going to be at DB, how FI feels I have been let down enough and I don't need someone else making this dress shopping a nightmare. Both my father and FFIL are involved with the dress mess now (kinda wish I had a FMIL now). FFIL is helping me find a seamstresse's and my father is going to talk to my sister about getting her tail in gear over the dress. If I end up finding a dress, I am going to still use a seamstress to make an outfit out the material I already bought for the suppose dress. Already cried and stress ate because of this. Sad that everything else is in line except my dress.

Anniversary Vacation

Re: My dress nightmare has came true *vent*

• Options
    Omg. I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. Yeah. Maybe a DB backup dress is a good idea. You can always sell it if your sister finishes your dress in time. I'm sorry girl. That sucks.
  • Options
    Thanks and there is something that I have said about the dress that makes my blood boil even worst....the dress HASN'T BEEN MADE YET!!!!!  That is what makes FI even more pissed than me about the whole situation. So off to DB to dress shop.
    Anniversary Vacation
  • Options
    Yikes.  Yeah, I'd go ahead and get a DB dress!  So sorry.  Maybe your dad can get the ball rolling.  But it never hurts to have a backup plan! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • Options
    I kind of know how you feel, except my situation isn't nearly that bad. I have had the first fitting where I tried on my mother's dress and my sister cut off the sleeves and back. Now we are working trying to connect to figure out where she's at. I guess some of the markings made from the first one came apart and she needs to redo it. Definitely been stressing about it!
  • Options
    i am so sorry your going thru this....my sis has still not ordered her MOH dress! what is with the sisters lately?! I hope it all works out for you.  Keep us updated! Glad that dad and FFIL are helping you out
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! Glad FI talked me into making the appointment for DB and he is going with me. I am a bit nervous about him being there helping me pick it out but heck when we were going to have bridesmaids he picked out the dress so I trust him. He is mostly wanting me to be happy and find a dress. Going to see if my mom or someone can come help me out. Making me seriously regret not getting that first dress I tried on MONTHS ago!!!
    Anniversary Vacation
  • Options
    what was the first dress you looked at months ago?  Can you buy it preowned instead of buying a new dress?  Maybe you can get one for a huge bargain?
  • Options
    Sorry you are dealing with this girl....you have every right to be stressed!  I think the DB appointment is a great idea.  Also, try to track down that dress from a few months ago.  If it was at Davids, they probably still have it!  Good luck
  • Options
    oh wow that's awful - i'm soooo sorry!!
    I hope you find something wonderful and perfect at DB!
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Thank you ladies for understanding. The original dress is from Alfred Angelo and the store is no longer in my city :( I could have my sister order the dress for me but its all the way in Dallas and I don't think its worth it.  So DB it is....hoping someone else comes up with something. I am glad my mom is coming with us for her thoughts. I am going in a determine bride to be on Sunday. Had FIVE nightmares last night to the point I cried so hard my lashes from the e-pic shoot fell off!
    Anniversary Vacation
  • Options
    Do you remember your dress style and size from AA?  there are HUNDREDS of Alfred Angelo dresses on reycledbride.com, preownedweddingdresses.com, oncewed.com.   Just a thought, since you arleady bought the fabric for your original dress, maybe you can get a bargain on another dress.   Many of the dresses on the "used" sites were never worn/altered.  Lots of samples, people having dress regret, etc.    that way, you could get a dress immediately instead of worrying whether or not a DB dress will come in time (it should, but just in case).

Good luck either way !  I hope your sister finishes your dress and you can just have the other dress as a backup.
  • Options

I can hug every single one of you for all the support! I am going to check out those websites you sent cmgilpin with FI to get started. As for the dress my sister is making, its offically a back up dress until I see the finished product. Cried enough tears and stressed out enough over this....got to move forward :)

Anniversary Vacation
  • Options
    You could also check out the classified section here on TK.... also the Recap/Recall section sometimes has brides that are selling. As does the  Trash to Treasure in the Lifeboards section! Good luck, will be sending good knottie vibes your way..... keep us posted!
  • Options
    there are TONS of us crazy people who bought two dresses and are trying to get rid of them.  You could end up with a MAJOR bargain.  My second dress was originally $815.00, I got it at a sample sale for a little over $300.00.  I have it listed for $375.00 (which if it sold for close to that, would cover shipping and paypal fees, plus what I paid for it).   But, honestly, I'd probably end up taking $300.00 for it.   

My point is... people are selling AMAZING dresses for a few hundred dollars !! 
  • Options
    SCogs18SCogs18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Oh yikes!  Can you afford a back up dress?  Did your sister day how long she thinks it will take to make your dress?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    SCogs at this point I have no choice but to get the dress.  And since we made some changes and canceled some stuff so we can afford it after we looked at the money we have saved back on Tuesday. I don't know anything about the dress because she has not talked to me at all about the dress.
    Anniversary Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards