September 2012 Weddings
Options

Update on my brother and a quick vent.

So I just got a text from my brother. I don't know if you guys remember, but he's now engaged to a girl that I can't stand, but oh well. The kicker was I found out on Facebook. Klassy. Anyways, I just asked that he let me know the date before Facebook did when they decided. Even if it was just a text.

I just got the text that said they decided on May 11th, 2013. Sooo... he's trying to respect me and it's no where near our date! Awesome! =)

Next... Can I just vent about how I'm SO tired of hearing people bash strapless A lines? I'm on some WR businesses on Facebook and someone posted a picture of a one shoulder orange dress and asked for opinions. Someone posted "glad to see it's not another strapless A line blah blah blah" Really?! I happen to LOVE strapless A lines and just because it's what everyone loves right now does not make it any less beautiful or classic. Get over yourself. Phew....

And one more thing: I was searching through my box of pictures for Britt's thread and came across this picture of my parents' wedding day:

I wanted to cry. They're divorced now and I always thought I didn't have issues, but I can't stand my mom's husband and I just haven't connected with my dad's FI. It SUCKS. I mean, if they're happy then fine, but I miss all the love in the house. I haven't gone to my mom's house in over a year because that's when they got married and he moved in. =(

<--- Just a little pity party over here. I think my emotions/hormones are out of whack.

Sorry for the craziness guys! It just feels so much better to get this off my chest.

Re: Update on my brother and a quick vent.

• Options
    Brothers are "special."  Haha but I don't like my older brother and he's a groomzilla.  My younger brother is wonderful though.  I think it's silly that people hate on dresses.  I think almost any dress can look beautfiul on any one.  I didn't pick an A line because it hid my fav body part (my butt haha) but I think it looks fabulous on other women.  And it is totally classic!  A one-shoulder orange wedding dress sounds pretty risky to me actually and like a regret waiting to happen IMO.   And that's a beautiful pic.  I could see that making you emotional.  I think its one worth hanging on to because those are some beautiful memories!
  • Options
    That's good news about the date of your brother's wedding!

I totally get the family thing, though. My paren't split up when I was 14 and my dad is, for lack of a better term, a dead beat. It was hard for a while because you really do miss the love that is in a house, but my mom has been dating someone for the last 10 years, so it's nice to go over there.

I just focus on the love that I have with my FI and the great life we have ahead! :)
    0403_0929W BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I always feel sad when I/other people find out about important things via Facebook first.    I get way more excited hearing news in person, and then I feel awkward being like "oh, I saw your ring pic on fb. congrats. umm oh yea, it looks wayyy better in person..."  Then I feel creepy, like I shouldn't have been looking at their fb! lol

• Options
    Whew! I'm glad he chose a date well after yours.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I also feel you on the parent thing. My parents divorced when I was two so I never had that "true family" feeling. But years ago my grandparents were going through old pics and found their album from my parents wedding. I have that and two 8X10's. I still love pulling them out sometimes and wondering why they didn't stay together. They looked perfect together and even now-a-days, I think they would have been a perfect couple. I don't really get along too well with my step-parents. They both have iffy personalities. I always joke my parents should get together and my step parents should. Thatd be my dream! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards