September 2012 Weddings
Options

Friday Night wedding Dilemma!!

Hi everyone!  Sorry, I started rambling pretty bad... I went back and bolded the highlights so you can make it a quick read...

So, we're getting married on FRIDAY, September 14, 2012 at the most gorgeous historic venue in Saratoga Springs, NY.

The reasons for a Friday night wedding were multiple: the venue was available, caterers/venues had significantly lower minimums (we're having about 75 guests), and besides, it's a Friday Night party!!  Who doesn't love a party on a Friday night?

In terms of my constant obsession to not be obnoxious to anyone, particularly our guests, I worried about the Friday thing (ceremony at 4 or 5) but then realized that either people live right in the area and at MOST would have to leave work 2 hours early OR they're flying in from out of town and would be missing work on Friday ANYWAY (oh, and about 1/2 our guests have non traditional work schedules aka not Mon-Fri).

With that being said, we're paying for most of the wedding with my mother purchasing my dress and our cake (her request) and my Future In-Laws kindly offering to host our rehearsal dinner.  Now, we have just a Best Man and Maid of Honor, so there's no real need for a true rehearsal, but....

I'd suggested just doing a day after bbq- I thought it would be fun.
Fiance mentioned usually it's done the day before.  Not that he hated the idea of the day after, he just casually said "It would be nice if we didn't have to go anywhere right away after the wedding."

Now, my Future Mother in Law told me they're having the rehearsal dinner Thursday night (which I do think would be obnoxious) and I'm not loving it.  

**Question: Am I too concerned that a Thursday evening event would be obnoxious and/or not mesh with when most guests are arriving (which would probably be Friday morning) or do I just let the FMIL go and not stress at all.
Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards