September 2012 Weddings
Options

Programs

Alright, so last night I started to really brainstorm what I was going to do for programs. I think I am going to do the layered look like these:

So I have a few questions. If I am doing ones with the coloured cardstock like the second should I be using white cardstock or paper for the layers? I know the top one would be all white cardstock (still not sure which I like more).

Now for the layers, what would you include? Here's my thoughts so far: Ceremony, Wedding Party, Message from the Bride & Groom, Cord of 3 Strands (we're doing kinda a unique ceremony and I want to have something explaining it).

Am I missing anything important?

Thanks!

ETA: I finally found the pictures that were my original inspiration!!!! I picture this but the blue is black and the pink is red.

ETA - If you want the template for Word just PM me your email or leave it here and I will email it to you

Re: Programs

• Options

I really like this idea Britt.  I may have to borrow it.  I'm using seeded paper, which can only be printed on one side.  I was wondering how I would make a two page brochure type program that way, but if I print on the one side, then cut in half  and make it a layered program, that would work perfectly!  Thanks!!!  I think your black and red will look great like this!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love that layered style - very pretty.
    Programs are kind of a sore spot for me right now :P
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I think the layered style is so pretty.  FI and I are still deciding if we even want to do programs.  I'm sure it will end up being last minute if we do!
  • Options
    I figure I should do SOMETHING that will give me a chance to explain the Cord of Three Strands so that's why we gave in on the programs. That and FI really wants a program so we can give a quick mention of the 'people who are unable to be there' given both of our fathers are deceased.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_programs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:84f8b444-b9a4-4b6a-bc04-b584da51e5cfPost:dab8a401-bad8-4ed3-bc78-0b4c57cc1de1">Re: Programs</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love that layered style - very pretty. Programs are kind of a sore spot for me right now :P
    Posted by mamameech[/QUOTE]

*hugs*
  • Options

I haven't thought too much about programs, other than I really don't want to spend the money on them.  Whatever we do will be DIY.  We're getting married outside and I've seen photos of program written out on a big chalkboard that was placed at the back of the seating area.  My mom was not too happy about this idea though.

image180 image85 image8 Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    I think it will look great Britt!
  • Options
    The style is very nice.....classic but modern! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards