Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Friday poll

1. What is your favorite thing about your job?2. What is your least favorite thing about your job?3. Do you have a bucket list? What's on it?4. What is one thing about you that VERY few people know? (don't cop out!)5. Any stupid human tricks that you can do?6. Mayor Luke: love him or hate him? (HAS to be one or the other, no in betweens, and that's the rule)7. Favorite book of ALL TIME?8. What was for breakfast (HA! I mixed it up!)
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Friday poll

• Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What is your favorite thing about your job? The students2. What is your least favorite thing about your job? When people don't read emails, then have questions that were answered in the email. 3. Do you have a bucket list? What's on it? Not really. But if I did, some things would be: travelling, being a mom...and I can't think of anything else right now. The mom thing is a big one for me.4. What is one thing about you that VERY few people know? (don't cop out!) Hmm, maybe that I played violin for 4 years or that I regret not attending the funerals of my grandparents.5. Any stupid human tricks that you can do? Just the double-jointed elbows & fingers...pretty sure I mentioned that before.6. Mayor Luke: love him or hate him? (HAS to be one or the other, no in betweens, and that's the rule) I'll say love him ::ducking::7. Favorite book of ALL TIME? Maybe A Tree Grows in Brooklyn or Sati (long story...obscure Christopher Pike book about religion)8. What was for breakfast (HA! I mixed it up!) chocolate fudge pop-tarts
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    cobrien1976cobrien1976 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What is your favorite thing about your job? That I get paid every Friday.2. What is your least favorite thing about your job? my lazy co-irker3. Do you have a bucket list? What's on it? no4. What is one thing about you that VERY few people know? (don't cop out!) That I took tap dancing lessons for 16 years! I was quite good too!5. Any stupid human tricks that you can do? Everything I so is stupid!!  6. Mayor Luke: love him or hate him? (HAS to be one or the other, no in betweens, and that's the rule) hate7. Favorite book of ALL TIME? Bridges of Madison County.  I've read that book 5 times and I'm thinking about reading it again this weekend!  Short read but always makes me cry.8. What was for breakfast (HA! I mixed it up!) a giant blueberry muffin and coffee!
  • Options
    hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What is your favorite thing about your job? Getting to find out who uses our products and the interesting things they're used in (chicken coop, guitars, toilets, spaceships, etc...)2. What is your least favorite thing about your job? Working with family.  I HATE it.3. Do you have a bucket list? What's on it? No, but I would like to make one so give me good ideas for one!4. What is one thing about you that VERY few people know? (don't cop out!) Brett and I are getting a prenup. 5. Any stupid human tricks that you can do? I can make this ANNOYING as hell sound just using my mouth.6. Mayor Luke: love him or hate him? (HAS to be one or the other, no in betweens, and that's the rule) Hate him.7. Favorite book of ALL TIME? Flowers for Algernon8. What was for breakfast (HA! I mixed it up!) Apple.

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Btw, I know some of my q's are lame. Just trying to get us talking! :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. What is your favorite thing about your job?that I get to knot a good amount! I really do love my job tho2. What is your least favorite thing about your job?the woman sitting beside me. she wont stop telling me what to do and always gossips- which is sooo unprofessional3. Do you have a bucket list? What's on it? um... whats a bucket list? things to before I die?  If so- I dont... I just want to have kids and friends and be happy4. What is one thing about you that VERY few people know? (don't cop out!)hmmm.... this is a tough one, I dunno... I used to faint randomly- and still do from time to time when I'm stressed out.5. Any stupid human tricks that you can do? lol... lick my own nipples...hahha- or is that something that most people can do? I can cross my eyes too, but thats boring6. Mayor Luke: love him or hate him? (HAS to be one or the other, no in betweens, and that's the rule) what! I'm so inbetween!  arg.  I guess I love him then. Although he can be pretty idiotic from time to time7. Favorite book of ALL TIME? walk two moons.  oh! or Watership Down! NOT The time traveler's wife tho!8. What was for breakfast (HA! I mixed it up!)bleh. usually cereal at my desk- but I decided to splurge and got a 'breakfast burrito' at Eadies. Bad decision..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. What is your favorite thing about your job? That I get to leave it every day.2. What is your least favorite thing about your job? Where to start?  Right now, it would be the fact that my job security is extremely low at the moment.3. Do you have a bucket list? What's on it? Nope - but it could be fun to start one4. What is one thing about you that VERY few people know? (don't cop out!) A toughie - I'm seriously stuck on this one.  I'm drawing a complete blank.  I swear I'll answer if I think of something!5. Any stupid human tricks that you can do? I don't think so6. Mayor Luke: love him or hate him? (HAS to be one or the other, no in betweens, and that's the rule) hate7. Favorite book of ALL TIME? Hmmm.. another tough one - I have always loved Little Women8. What was for breakfast (HA! I mixed it up!) nothing yet - but I have a banana
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. What is your favorite thing about your job? that my schedule is very flexible2. What is your least favorite thing about your job? that we have to bill insurance companies for the hours we work and are required to bill a certain amt a week3. Do you have a bucket list? What's on it? not really...maybe I should come up with one4. What is one thing about you that VERY few people know? (don't cop out!) that even though I may appear to be strong...i'm really a blubbering mess inside5. Any stupid human tricks that you can do? i can fit my whole fist into my mouth6. Mayor Luke: love him or hate him? (HAS to be one or the other, no in betweens, and that's the rule) hate him7. Favorite book of ALL TIME? this is a toughie...hmm i really liked my sister's keeper...i read a lot I don't think i could pick just one8. What was for breakfast (HA! I mixed it up!) water and a granola bar...
  • Options
    AMK2009AMK2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What is your favorite thing about your job? nobody cares if I'm late or leave early, everybody's super laid back, and they pay for my parking2. What is your least favorite thing about your job?  the actual work is so boring it makes me want to jump out the window3. Do you have a bucket list? What's on it? nope, but I'd like to go to Hawaii4. What is one thing about you that VERY few people know? (don't cop out!) umm, I used to play the saxaphone in 4th grade, but I quit because my mom refused to drive me to school and I was embarassed to take it on the school bus.  5. Any stupid human tricks that you can do? nothing at all6. Mayor Luke: love him or hate him? (HAS to be one or the other, no in betweens, and that's the rule) no love or hate from me... i couldn't tell you anything about him7. Favorite book of ALL TIME? Oh, the Places You Go by Dr. Seuss8. What was for breakfast (HA! I mixed it up!)  smores poptart
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. What is your favorite thing about your job? I get to knot! I planned most of my wedding while at work, haha :-P2. What is your least favorite thing about your job? Getting b!tched at by members/callers when co-workers don't answer their phones. VERY frustrating.3. Do you have a bucket list? What's on it? I'm not exactly sure what this is...4. What is one thing about you that VERY few people know? (don't cop out!) DH and I had sex for the first time on the night we got engaged...juicy enough for ya? ;-)5. Any stupid human tricks that you can do? Nope6. Mayor Luke: love him or hate him? (HAS to be one or the other, no in betweens, and that's the rule) N/A- I don't live in the Pgh area anymore, and I really know nothing about him.7. Favorite book of ALL TIME? I actually can't think of one....lots I like, not one that sticks out above the rest.8. What was for breakfast (HA! I mixed it up!) Chex bar and green tea- at my desk. No time for breakfast anymore. :-(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. What is your favorite thing about your job?The people! And that I get to do a lot of different things. 2. What is your least favorite thing about your job?The EB. 3. Do you have a bucket list? What's on it?No, maybe I should start one.4. What is one thing about you that VERY few people know? (don't cop out!)Perhaps that I am not the greatest listener in the world simply because I like doing more than one thing at a time and I can never just sit and talk with someone and not do something else (eat, watch TV, type, etc) at the same time. 5. Any stupid human tricks that you can do?I am pretty flexible from dance, so I can turn myself into a basket (don't ask). 6. Mayor Luke: love him or hate him? (HAS to be one or the other, no in betweens, and that's the rule)HATE him!7. Favorite book of ALL TIME?I loved The Sun Also Rises and Streetcar Named Desire. 8. What was for breakfast (HA! I mixed it up!)A Peanut Butter Power Bar.
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What is your favorite thing about your job?I love EVERYTHING about my job!  My coworkers are darn cool, I get to travel between our offices around the country sometimes, and I love being a manager for the first time.  Also love the amazing work the organization does (nonprofit) :)2. What is your least favorite thing about your job?I was hired on a special fellowship to manage a new program here, and the fellowship is only a year and a half long, so I will be sad to leave when it's over.3. Do you have a bucket list? What's on it?I don't know if it's a bucket list per se, but it's my goal to go to all 7 continents and all 50 states before I turn 35.4. What is one thing about you that VERY few people know? (don't cop out!)I was attacked by a dog as a child and had to get plastic surgery on the scar on my face.5. Any stupid human tricks that you can do?I can tie a cherry stem in a knot with my tongue and I can talk in the "Mr. Woodchuck" voice from Full House :)6. Mayor Luke: love him or hate him? (HAS to be one or the other, no in betweens, and that's the rule)Love.  (I know almost nothing about him having been far away from Pittsburgh for many years!)7. Favorite book of ALL TIME?Haha, I can't pick just one: "A Wrinkle in Time" by Madeline L'Engle, "Midnight's Children" by Salman Rushdie, and "The Unbearable Lightness of Being" by Milan Kundera8. What was for breakfast (HA! I mixed it up!)I haven't eaten yet, but since I'm working from home I think I'll make myself a smoothie soon.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh - I have one for #4 - I have a nipple ring - I got it right before my senior year of college.  Don't do it. It hurts.
  • Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    P.S. A "bucket list" is a list of things you want to do before you "kick the bucket." If you haven't seen the movie, I highly recommend it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am jealous of everyone's Pop Tarts for breakfast!

Vacation
  • Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good job not copping out, Erica! :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was just thinking that!  I could so go for one of those smores pop tarts right now.  yum
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sara, I LOVE Watership Down!  What a great choice!

Vacation
  • Options
    hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking the same thing, Dori!  Top Secret clearance stuff would be SUPER hard but very cool at the same time.  I would constantly have the James Bond theme song stuck in my head while going into work, making sure Russians weren't trying to kill me or something... haha.

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    1. What is your favorite thing about your job? I work with family 2. What is your least favorite thing about your job? that i work with family. 3. Do you have a bucket list? What's on it? Not written but I have ideas going back to Ireland to see Giants Causeway is one.! 4. What is one thing about you that VERY few people know? (don't cop out!) Sometimes I like that DH works nights, I love my alone time. 5. Any stupid human tricks that you can do? I used to touch my tongue to my nose does that count? 6. Mayor Luke: love him or hate him? (HAS to be one or the other, no in betweens, and that's the rule) Love Him 7. Favorite book of ALL TIME? Eat Pray Love 8. What was for breakfast (HA! I mixed it up!) Yogurt
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. What is your favorite thing about your job? Having a cafeteria onsite.  That's why I took this job, no lie.2. What is your least favorite thing about your job? It's mindless most of the time.  I can't believe they pay me as much as they do to do copy and paste.3. Do you have a bucket list? What's on it? Travel to England and Ireland.4. What is one thing about you that VERY few people know? (don't cop out!) On vacation in Miami, my 2 friends and I took a $90 cab to Ft. Lauderdale to meet a guy one of them met a year earlier.  He sent friends to pick us up and we just jumped into a pickup with 2 strangers.  Not the smartest thing I've ever done!5. Any stupid human tricks that you can do? I used to be flexible enough to touch the back of my head with my feet but I tried last night and didn't come close!6. Mayor Luke: love him or hate him? (HAS to be one or the other, no in betweens, and that's the rule) I don't mind him so I'd have to say Love.7. Favorite book of ALL TIME? Pride and Prejudice8. What was for breakfast (HA! I mixed it up!) Oatmeal with raisins.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My aunt's first husband worked for Westinghouse and wasn't allowed to tell us what he did because it was government contract secret stuff.  So he always told us he tested toilets by blowing them up.  Us kids got a kick out of that.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I DD'ed my last post. Decided I probably shouldn't even post that - but here's the rest of my poll :p1. What is your favorite thing about your job? Its pretty much the coolest job ever. 2. What is your least favorite thing about your job? 3. Do you have a bucket list? What's on it? In HS my BFF and I made bucket lists. Back then we had tons of crazy stuff on it - go skydiving, get a tattoo, go crowd surfing. I still have the list and it makes me laugh now :p4. What is one thing about you that VERY few people know? (don't cop out!) 5. Any stupid human tricks that you can do? Cross my eyes and wiggle my ears6. Mayor Luke: love him or hate him? (HAS to be one or the other, no in betweens, and that's the rule) hate7. Favorite book of ALL TIME? Uhh i dont know - I just finished The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks and I'm currently obsessed with it.8. What was for breakfast (HA! I mixed it up!) Special K with Berries
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. What is your favorite thing about your job? Time.  I don't have set times for my days.2. What is your least favorite thing about your job? There is a lot of computer work, and often a lot of down time while cells grow.3. Do you have a bucket list? What's on it? Nope.4. What is one thing about you that VERY few people know? (don't cop out!) I often don't shave my legs for several months at a time - for some odd reason, my leg hair is so light that it's hard to tell.5. Any stupid human tricks that you can do? Wiggle my nose6. Mayor Luke: love him or hate him? (HAS to be one or the other, no in betweens, and that's the rule) I'm breaking this rule because I honestly don't care about him.  Philly's mayor - Mayor Nutter - I LOVE Him!!  Finally someone is trying to salvage the wreck of a budget that Philly has.7. Favorite book of ALL TIME? Not copying Dori, but, A Tree Grows In Brooklyn8. What was for breakfast (HA! I mixed it up!) Generic Rice Krispies and some chocolate milk to drink.
  • Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jen, I'll delete my post quoting you then.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dori and Hey It's Jenn, who wrote that???  I think I may have blocked someone accidentally.
  • Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    skybluejen deleted something, but posted again. Can you see her other post?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dori - thanks! What I posted isn't a big deal, but I figured its better if left out.Shannon - sorry it was me! I DD'ed. I think that was my first DD ever, I hate doing that!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep.  I must have missed the initial one.  It reminds me of DH when he's out at sea for work.  He can't tell me where he is or where the ships will be.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, you girls have some good answers to what very few people know about you. I have to think of a good one.1. What is your favorite thing about your job? I'm a housewife right now, so I'd say having no boss and having a super clean house2. What is your least favorite thing about your job? So much, it is very boring and not intellectual at all to clean floors and bathrooms all day3. Do you have a bucket list? What's on it? Yes, primarily traveling all over, having my own business, fixing up a super old house, etc4. What is one thing about you that VERY few people know? (don't cop out!) This is really, really hard. I'm a really boring girl and have no piercings, no tattoos, and no juicy/crazy stories. Let me think for a little.5. Any stupid human tricks that you can do? Nope, none.6. Mayor Luke: love him or hate him? (HAS to be one or the other, no in betweens, and that's the rule) I love Mayor Luke.7. Favorite book of ALL TIME? There's a lot...Scarlet Letter.8. What was for breakfast (HA! I mixed it up!) I didn't eat breakfast, nothing good here.
  • Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jen, as long as it doesn't affect anyone's post count, it's cool! ;-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards