September 2012 Weddings
Options

Leaving for honeymoon

We're having a Saturday night wedding complete with hotel afterparty. Originally, we were looking at Sunday AM flights and figured we could just skip sleeping...however we think we might end up having a miserable flight, possibly have to leave the party early, and miss a day at the resort bc we'll be sleeping.  Now were thinking about staying at the hotel where our guests will be, and then going to the airport hotel Sunday and getting a Monday AM flight instead.  The price will work out to be the same for either option.  My FI definately does not want to go home before our HM, which is why we are looking to go to the airport hotel.

What are you ladies all doing?  

Re: Leaving for honeymoon

• Options
    We're definitely going out on Monday AM after our Saturday night wedding. We just decided we would like to relax and be able to enjoy ourselves the night before without worrying about having to get up early and be ready. 
  • Options
    We'll have about 4 months to sleep lol
    We aren't going anywhere until January - we need to get away during the winter not when it's actually nice out!!
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    we haven't booked ours yet but we've tossed the idea around. i was looking at sunday afternoon flights but the latest one is at 2pm, which is ok, but i'd like to have some choice/be able to find the cheapest flight. so we are going to look into flying monday morning instead, because it will be cheaper (probably) and then we will get to hawaii at like noon instead of at 9pm, when we'd have to go to sleep anyway.
    Happily married since 9/1/2012!
    The Whimsical Wifey
  • Options
    We are flying out on Monday. We want a day to get everything in order and wind down after the big day!!
    Sept. 2012 May Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon
    Greece (Athens, Mykonos, Naxos, Santorini)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are flying out on the Tuesday or Wed likely (cx is still working out details with the TA), spending a couple days at the gorgeous resort we're having our DW at first :)
  • Options
    We're not leaving for a few months but we are planning on going somewhere local for a night or two after the wedding. This will give us time with our families the next morning but will still allow us time to relax before going back to work. It will also gives us an excuse not to have to spend the next few days still visiting with family. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    we're leaving Monday as well. I would like to deal with out of town guests and pay remaining balances and deal with the gifts before we leave. Our reception goes until 2am.
  • Options
    We haven't booked yet, but plan to leave that Monday as well. We didn't want to have an awesome party and then go home so we're looking into a bed and breakfast near our venue for the night of and then staying two nights or even just that one (coming home Sunday night) and leaving Monday. We'll still have a few things to take care of. One, being getting my cat to my mom's for the duration of the HM time.
  • Options
    We haven't booked yet, but our wedding is on a Friday night and I'd like to leave on Sunday night or  Monday night. We'll go to a downtown ritzy hotel for Friday and Saturday night (they even give you robes and slippers!) and go back to our apartment on Sunday morning. I figure I can get myself together, open gifts, etc and either leave that night or the next night. From what I see, most flights to Europe are in the PM.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • Options
    We haven't booked yet but we plan on leaving the Sunday after our Friday evening wedding. We want Saturday to relax and deal with the gifts and pick up all the wedding stuff we will likely leave at the venue (table cloths, decor/junk like that).
    Planning Bio
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    222image 50image 19image
  • Options
    We haven't booked yet either, but we are getting married on a Sunday afternoon/evening, and will be leaving Wednesday morning.  I wanted to be able to see my daughter through her first day of fifth grade on Tuesday. :)  My baby isn't a baby anymore... :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_leaving-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:8e5a9536-e620-4650-93b6-8259cf97f4b5Post:839a28c7-295d-4c5f-9ff4-6e36f9016174">Re: Leaving for honeymoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]We'll have about 4 months to sleep lol We aren't going anywhere until January - we need to get away during the winter not when it's actually nice out!!
    Posted by mamameech[/QUOTE]

Same here!  My FI is an election lawyer so he will be busy with re-counts and such until the New Year.  We are going to spend a night or two in Montreal (4 hour drive from us) though but our big honeymoon will be January when it is freezing here.
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    We're using my parent's time share and they don't allow for a Monday check in so we have to fly out/check in the day after the wedding. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_leaving-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:8e5a9536-e620-4650-93b6-8259cf97f4b5Post:bef0aa5d-c61b-4efd-a1b2-5af4ca085590">Re: Leaving for honeymoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're definitely going out on Monday AM after our Saturday night wedding. We just decided we would like to relax and be able to enjoy ourselves the night before without worrying about having to get up early and be ready. 
    Posted by romamor4[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what we're doing too.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We're taking a late honeymoon too! My FI is in grad school so we have to go in December. But Im not complaining... it will be nice to get away during the cold weather! We may take a mini moon for a night or two, but not sure where yet.
    September 2012: May Sig
    Honeymoon Location: Punta Cana, DR
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

lol @ mamameech

I think we're gonna wait until Monday so we don't have to rush!

• Options
    We are waiting until early the Wednesday after the wedding. We have tons of people coming from out of state so we are going to spend Sunday with them and then Monday alone. We plan on going to Chicago Tuesday morning and staying at a hotel there and leaving in the morning.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

We are leaving Monday as well.  Just gives us an extra day to relax and say good bye to family and friends

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We booked for Tuesday after our Saturday wedding to give us time to wind down and catch up on sleep before fun in the sun!
    Biorama
    September 2012 August Siggy Challenge ~ Wedding Preview
    185 image 116 image 69 image 0 image RSVP Date: August 10
  • Options
    We haven't booked our honeymoon yet so I am not sure when we will be flying out yet.  We probably wont start thinking about booking the honeymoon until about March or April after my FI is back from his deployment in Afghansitan.
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We are having a morning wedding on Saturday, staying at a hotel that evening and leaving Sunday morning. :) We'll be arriving in Belize by 12pm.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards