September 2012 Weddings
Options

Invitations...where are you getting them?

DIY, Etsy, Brides kit, VP... I'm interested in what everyone is doing. I'm having a battle in my head trying to decide (mainly because I don't want to waste too much money) :)

Re: Invitations...where are you getting them?

• Options
    I was just going to post the same question!  There is just so much out there and very hard to decide.  I was going to DIY but the more my mom and I talk the crazier we think we are for doing that.  I have five weddings before ours, my mom has surgery, and we are moving.  Now the question is what to do next!!  Who to go through!?
  • Options
    I bought my invitations and am doing it myself. It is much cheaper and you know eactly what your getting and don't have to worry about them being wrong or being late. They have them at Micheals store for about 30 bucks and you just take them home go to the site and print them....they have them in traditional colors and many style options.
  • Options
    I've designed my own and will be printing them at home. I did buy the panel pocket fold from C&P for my inserts. I am using heat embossed stamps on the invitation and adding ribbon/bling/pearls/feathers.
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    celticmysscelticmyss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    We are getting ours from bicyclepaperdesigns.com
    They have some that baren't bicycle themed. The artist has respnmded quickly to all of my questions and her work is very inexpensive. 

I had thought about buying a design and printing them myself but it wasn't budget-friendly for us since we have so few invitations to send. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I am having VistaPrint print a design I designed myself and then am DIYing the rest :)
  • Options
    My mom works for a printing company, so we're designing them ourselves. My FMIL is an artist and her contribution is going to be a drawing of flowers that we are going to put on the front. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We'll be DIYing. I haven't figured out the printing part yet. Going to try at home, but our printer has decided to be a PIA. Soo... Undecided
  • Options
    I got mine thru VistaPrint and love them. Going to order the thank you cards from there too.
    Anniversary Vacation
  • Options
    I ordered our invites through a local invitation design/printing company (Allison Barnhill Designs in Maryland).  The cost is higher (I think), but I really just wanted beautiful invites to show up, all ready to be brought to the post office!

I have to give everyone DIYing some serious credit!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Local letterpress stationer. They do really beautiful work, and I felt like splurging a bit on a local artisan.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm SO not crafty (I've mentioned this before lol). I'm doing pockets from Carlson Craft through a local company. Not exactly cheap, though. About $5 an invite :/

September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • Options
    I ordered mine from weddingpaperdivas.com.  I just wanted something simple and basic, and am adding my own 'enclosure' card made with some vellum.
  • Options

We are using these, a Brides kit from Michael's. We always planned to DIY our invites but didn't necessarily want to start from scratch. These were 50% off as well! We've already printed them up, put them together, and bought postage. From start to finish including postage, it's worked out to only $2.12 an invite!
  • Options
    We are ordering ours completely online (design, envelope with our return address typed on the back, RSVP card  and envelope, also with our return address on the back) through 123 Print.  They will send you samples (with free shipping) for 99 cents apiece, so the FI and I were really able to decide exactly what we wanted.  With postage, they work out to be about $2.20 an invite, which I don't think is bad at all!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We ordered ours from Esty...Shine Invitations is the seller.  They are pretty pricy but they include all the addressing for the guests and the return address labels so it was worth it to me (plus I'm soooo not crafty).  They're simple and elegant...exactly what I was looking for!
  • Options
    We got ours from Exclusively Weddings, and they turned out absolutely beautiful! They'll send you I think 5 invites completely free, not even shipping! I had no idea how much I'd love thermography until I got those free samples! :)
    Sept 2012 Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
    But instead of yellow, mine will be peridot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards