September 2012 Weddings
Options

Lunch and a Question

Good morning, Ladies!

I'm having another frozen WW meal for lunch.  Certainly nothing to get excited about.  What are you having?

We have, what will hopefully be, our last tasting this sunday with a caterer and will be able to make a decision regarding food.  What kind of food are you serving at your reception?  Any dish in particular you are excited about? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Lunch and a Question

• Options
    Lunch today is another Visalus shake! Same as everyday until I'm at my ideal weight hahaha, although I do try and switch up what I put in the shake so I don't get to sick of it :).

Congrats on almost being done with your food for the wedding! I'm a little nervous about not doing a tasting for ours, but then the logical side of me says "really how can she fu** up BBQ type food!" hahaha. We are having BBQ'd carnival/fair type food to with our carnival/fair theme. I'm excited because it's all comfort food that people love and SUPER excited for the presentation of it!!!!
  • Options

Hummus with cucumbers, grapes and crackers with herb cheese for me today! Makes me feel virtuous after going to town for taco Tuesday last night.

Anyhoo, we're doing the filet, chicken, halibut thing, BBBBUUUUUTTTT (and that's a big but) it won't be typical "wedding food." We worked hard to find a venue with a reputation for awesome food, and since the event is catered by the hotel's restaurant it should be awesome. The chicken is stuffed with fontina and spinach, the filet has a red wine mushroom reduction and the fish is supposedly tasty (I don't eat fish). The tasting was such a blast! And I got to put my foot down on NO GOAT CHEESE!

I know it's super popular, but it always tastes like foot to me.

Have fun at your tasting!!!!

• Options
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_lunch-and-a-question-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:a27af2ec-679c-459c-bd7e-129bdc0ea976Post:92a4b34f-6d56-4f99-807e-b92c8c1634de">Re: Lunch and a Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lunch today is another Visalus shake! Same as everyday until I'm at my ideal weight hahaha, although I do try and switch up what I put in the shake so I don't get to sick of it :). Congrats on almost being done with your food for the wedding! I'm a little nervous about not doing a tasting for ours, but then the logical side of me says "really how can she fu** up BBQ type food!" hahaha. We are having BBQ'd carnival/fair type food to with our carnival/fair theme. I'm excited because it's all comfort food that people love and SUPER excited for the presentation of it!!!!
    Posted by Trins[/QUOTE]

By the way, your food sounds delish. I mean c'mon, how can you really go wrong with BBQ?! And it's perfect for the time of year!
  • Options
    I just finished my Panera salad and I'm about to dive into my chicken ceasar sandwich.

Our food will be a choice between a Sirloin steak and Baked Stuffed Haddock.  I'm super excited about the Haddock because the stuffing is AMAZING lol.

Trins, your food sounds awesome, I'm sure it will be really tasty :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    220 image 123 image 21 image
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!!! I figured since our wedding was fairly untypical of a wedding then why not go all the way and do it with our food as well :)

Reading about both of your food is making me HUNGRY!!!! hahaha
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_lunch-and-a-question-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:a27af2ec-679c-459c-bd7e-129bdc0ea976Post:85a92a8d-968e-4ed9-8eb0-97608a279560">Re: Lunch and a Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ladies!!! I figured since our wedding was fairly untypical of a wedding then why not go all the way and do it with our food as well :) Reading about both of your food is making me HUNGRY!!!! hahaha
    Posted by Trins[/QUOTE]

Cool!! What makes it an atypical wedding? What's your venue? Mine's pretty traditional, so I love hearing from creative brides :)
  • Options
    I just had an eggwhite omelet before spin class and then I ate a L'Arabar afterwards to tie me over until my next meeting is over and I can mow down on some yummy canteloupe :)

I'm really excited to see the presentation of our food more than anything. Our caterer is known for amazing food with flair ;)
    Although the upside down lemon meringue pie dessert is definitely an interest haha
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I had a half of a bagel and a bowl of fruit this morning... and I am starving !!    I don't need to lose any weight to fit into my dress...  but, I'd like to lose about 15-20 pounds, if I can swing it.   I'm not really dieting... just trying not to eat crap. 

For our reception, we are serving traditional mexican wedding food.  Pork Chile Verde, Chicken Mole, Rice, Beans, home made flour & corn tortillas, chips, guacamole & three different kinds of fresh salsas.    We are also doing a beef flauta and a quesadilla made with cheese and a mexican squash (for the vegetarians).    My fiance is mexican... and its my favorite food..   :)

I wish I could have had that for breakfast instead of a damn fruit cup.
  • Options
    I had a roast beef sandwich, banana, and pretzels for lunch.

My wedding food is comfort food basically.  Braised beef, rotisserie chicken, candied yams, salad, and cornbread.  It's pretty simple, but it's catered by a local restaurant who does a lot of local/organic food.  It's also aaaahhhhmazing tasting!  (And super cheap... $15pp)

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

• Options
    I'm eating hummus, grilled chicken, celery and carrots. I also had a granola thin w/chocolate.

For the reception we are having asiago chicken (sort of a variation of chicken parmesan), pesto rubbed tenderloin and mozarella/red pepper ravioli w/cream sauce. My parents did a taste testing for us...so the first time we will try it as at the wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had french fries. I had kind of a big breakfast so I wasn't too hungry.

For our reception, we are going with a caterer/resturant we love dearly, but mostly for their mouth watering beef tenderloin. You can eat it and eat it, and never get enough. Their mashed potatoes are also to die for.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_lunch-and-a-question-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:a27af2ec-679c-459c-bd7e-129bdc0ea976Post:4327e8d7-a32a-4914-a56a-7e51306abe73">Re: Lunch and a Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lunch and a Question : Cool!! What makes it an atypical wedding? What's your venue? Mine's pretty traditional, so I love hearing from creative brides :)
    Posted by perfect_lee[/QUOTE]

It's at a performing arts building, with the reception inside and the ceremony on a deck that goes over the lake. I'm not really a flower person so no flowers for the wedding. The BM's and myself will be carrying large pinwheels. The person marrying us is actually a friend of FI's so the ceremony won't actually be legal hahaha, we will go to a justice of the peace the week before or something to make it legal. No bouquet or garter toss, no speeches other than best man and MOH, parents will do it at the rehearsal if they want to. We just want to have a big celebration rather than a regular wedding. We are doing giveaways at the all the tables with different prizes. FI is really excited for his and the groomsmen outfits hahaha I actually have to keep it a secret from everyone coming to the wedding - you'd swear he was the bride or something! FI tried both his and the GM's for me so I could see, since I was skeptical but it looks really great. I think we are the first non DW to do shorts!. Shorts, dress shirt, cardigan and bow tie - and FI got them all cutom made Nike's in our wedding color's! I guess those would be the main differences we are doing compared to a traditional wedding
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_lunch-and-a-question-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:a27af2ec-679c-459c-bd7e-129bdc0ea976Post:d19af285-199f-450a-bca4-ba265466e311">Re: Lunch and a Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had a half of a bagel and a bowl of fruit this morning... and I am starving !!    I don't need to lose any weight to fit into my dress...  but, I'd like to lose about 15-20 pounds, if I can swing it.   I'm not really dieting... just trying not to eat crap.  For our reception, we are serving traditional mexican wedding food.  Pork Chile Verde, Chicken Mole, Rice, Beans, home made flour & corn tortillas, chips, guacamole & three different kinds of fresh salsas.    We are also doing a beef flauta and a quesadilla made with cheese and a mexican squash (for the vegetarians).    My fiance is mexican... and its my favorite food..   :) I wish I could have had that for breakfast instead of a damn fruit cup.
    Posted by cmgilpin[/QUOTE]

Holy crap I want this meal... Can I crash your wedding?! LOL
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_lunch-and-a-question-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:a27af2ec-679c-459c-bd7e-129bdc0ea976Post:4ad20a7e-f568-4493-9af5-9a51fabed2dc">Re: Lunch and a Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had a roast beef sandwich, banana, and pretzels for lunch. My wedding food is comfort food basically.  Braised beef, rotisserie chicken, candied yams, salad, and cornbread.  It's pretty simple, but it's catered by a local restaurant who does a lot of local/organic food.  It's also aaaahhhhmazing tasting!  (And super cheap... $15pp)
    Posted by MrsBassPlaya[/QUOTE]

Sweet Price!!!!! And sounds yummy!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_lunch-and-a-question-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:a27af2ec-679c-459c-bd7e-129bdc0ea976Post:d19af285-199f-450a-bca4-ba265466e311">Re: Lunch and a Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had a half of a bagel and a bowl of fruit this morning... and I am starving !!    I don't need to lose any weight to fit into my dress...  but, I'd like to lose about 15-20 pounds, if I can swing it.   I'm not really dieting... just trying not to eat crap.  For our reception, we are serving traditional mexican wedding food.  Pork Chile Verde, Chicken Mole, Rice, Beans, home made flour & corn tortillas, chips, guacamole & three different kinds of fresh salsas.    We are also doing a beef flauta and a quesadilla made with cheese and a mexican squash (for the vegetarians).    My fiance is mexican... and its my favorite food..   :) I wish I could have had that for breakfast instead of a damn fruit cup.
    Posted by cmgilpin[/QUOTE]

This sounds awesome!!!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_lunch-and-a-question-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:a27af2ec-679c-459c-bd7e-129bdc0ea976Post:4859cce2-a4d4-4621-b6f8-0c60564c6fa0">Re: Lunch and a Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lunch and a Question : It's at a performing arts building, with the reception inside and the ceremony on a deck that goes over the lake. I'm not really a flower person so no flowers for the wedding. The BM's and myself will be carrying large pinwheels. The person marrying us is actually a friend of FI's so the ceremony won't actually be legal hahaha, we will go to a justice of the peace the week before or something to make it legal. No bouquet or garter toss, no speeches other than best man and MOH, parents will do it at the rehearsal if they want to. We just want to have a big celebration rather than a regular wedding. We are doing giveaways at the all the tables with different prizes. FI is really excited for his and the groomsmen outfits hahaha I actually have to keep it a secret from everyone coming to the wedding - you'd swear he was the bride or something! FI tried both his and the GM's for me so I could see, since I was skeptical but it looks really great. I think we are the first non DW to do shorts!. Shorts, dress shirt, cardigan and bow tie - and FI got them all cutom made Nike's in our wedding color's! I guess those would be the main differences we are doing compared to a traditional wedding
    Posted by Trins[/QUOTE]

I love this. It sounds like such a fun fun fun way to celebrate your union. You and your guests will have such happy memories!  So creative!!!!  BTW I am so not doing a garter toss. No offense to others, but for me personally, it would be mortifying for me with my grandparents being there
  • Options
    Trins--that sounds awesome!

I had a salad and minestrone soup for lunch. 

For the wedding, we are doing appetizers of zucchini fritters with tomato relish, roast beef puff pastry pinwheels, and coconut shrimp with a thai sauce.  Then for dinner we're having pasta primavera, basil grilled chicken, or pork with carmelized apples.  We originally tasted the pork stuffed with gouda and priscuito (sp?), but didn't care for it.  I'm hoping when it's cooked with the apples it is more flavorful.  FI went to culinary school, so he's particular about seasoning meat.  In fact, I never knew pork could be flavorful until he made it for me.  So for his sake, I hope it is all good on the wedding day.
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • Options
    kwortman80kwortman80 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Lunch today is a big salad from Pockets.  Spring greens w/ edamame, cucumber, almonds, feta, and cranberries.  My favorite!

We haven't finalized our meals yet, and FI's been the one handling it for the most part.  I'm a vegetarian, so I don't have much of an opinion when it comes to hanger steak vs. tenderloin.  That said, I think we're serving tenderloin and chicken Madiera.  

Here are the descriptions:
    Chicken Madeira - Sautéed Chicken Breast topped with Artichokes, Roasted Peppers and Mushrooms.  Finished with a Madeira Demi Glace.  I guess Madeira is a type of wine from Portugal, which is fitting, since we're going there on our honeymoon. 
    Tenderloin - Center cut Beef Tenderloin grilled and topped with Pimento & White Cheddar Cheese then served with a Madeira Reduction.  

Apprently the Madeira is a hit... both of our parents (and Ed) agreed that those were the best chicken and beef dishes.  I don't think anyone realized (until me, just now) that both sauces/glazes are Madeira-based.

Trins - how are the visalus shakes?  Do you get hungry?  I need to start bringing my lunch and also could use some help losing weight.  Hadn't thought about shakes until now.
  • Options
    Lunch is an unexciting but serviceable salad from the hospital cafeteria. 

The wedding food was our highest priority. Honestly, I just want to have awesome food and be married at the end of the day. Everything else is secondary. Our venue is primarily a gourmet restaurant and I am super excited for our tasting on May 17th. 

Right now the dinner will be a buffet and consist of herb roasted chicken, leg of lamb, grilled asparagus and herb roasted potatoes. We're doing cake and chocolate covered strawberries for dessert. However, I may have them switch the strawberries to these chocolate-drizzled strawberry and pound cake skewers that I saw on Pinterest. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    my lunch is a mexican salad. it was not very good.  I spent $7 on it, so i choked about half of it down. lol.

We're having a pig roast for our wedding! We are having the pig (obviously) and roasted chicken, as well as salt potatoes, coleslaw, and this delish pasta salad. I will porbably put out chips and fruit salad as well.

dessert is cupcakes - 4 different flavors, I haven't decided on the exact flavors, but am leaning towards red velvet, lemon, chocolate w/buttercream  and white chocolate raspberry. YUM.
  • Options
    I had a simple sandwich and an apple.  Then, my CW bought me two mini-sized candies (peppermint patty and milky way... I just housed them, SO good).

I'm still not 100% sure on the exact food.  We are doing a stations menu so there will be a pasta dish, chicken, beef, and they really suggested throwing in a fish station since we are on the coast.  All of those details will be ironed out at the 3 month mark which is when we will do a tasting and I'll run around like mad figuring out how or what I can decorate ;)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_lunch-and-a-question-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:a27af2ec-679c-459c-bd7e-129bdc0ea976Post:41a5122a-85a6-44fb-8fda-0437a727106d">Re: Lunch and a Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lunch today is a big salad from Pockets.  Spring greens w/ edamame, cucumber, almonds, feta, and cranberries.  My favorite! We haven't finalized our meals yet, and FI's been the one handling it for the most part.  I'm a vegetarian, so I don't have much of an opinion when it comes to hanger steak vs. tenderloin.  That said, I think we're serving tenderloin and chicken Madiera.   Here are the descriptions: Chicken Madeira - Sautéed Chicken Breast topped with Artichokes, Roasted Peppers and Mushrooms.  Finished with a Madeira Demi Glace.  I guess Madeira is a type of wine from Portugal, which is fitting, since we're going there on our honeymoon.  Tenderloin - Center cut Beef Tenderloin grilled and topped with Pimento & White Cheddar Cheese then served with a Madeira Reduction.   Apprently the Madeira is a hit... both of our parents (and Ed) agreed that those were the best chicken and beef dishes.  I don't think anyone realized (until me, just now) that both sauces/glazes are Madeira-based. Trins - how are the visalus shakes?  Do you get hungry?  I need to start bringing my lunch and also could use some help losing weight.  Hadn't thought about shakes until now.
    Posted by kwortman80[/QUOTE]

They are actually pretty decent! And I was skeptical at first as well but surprisingly I don't get hungry at all! I do a shake for breaky, have a snack if I feel like it, shake for lunch, snack if I feel like it then have a healthy balanced dinner. So far it's been great :) Let me know if you want more info and I can send you some.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_lunch-and-a-question-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:a27af2ec-679c-459c-bd7e-129bdc0ea976Post:38d27791-0095-4892-9f97-773646e15695">Re: Lunch and a Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lunch and a Question : They are actually pretty decent! And I was skeptical at first as well but surprisingly I don't get hungry at all! I do a shake for breaky, have a snack if I feel like it, shake for lunch, snack if I feel like it then have a healthy balanced dinner. So far it's been great :) Let me know if you want more info and I can send you some.
    Posted by Trins[/QUOTE]

<div>Sure!  PM me the info, and I'll see if I can figure out how PMs work :)</div>
  • Options
    Lunch is leftover curry lentil soup from last night, with a spinach naan. That was super easy, I'm definitely going to be making that again.

I'm seriously looking forward to the bacon-wrapped date apps. One of my favorite things. "Make sure the bride gets at least 3" - that is totally going in the contract. There will be wild salmon too. *droooool*
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Lunch today was PB&J, white cheddar cheese puffs, and a yogurt.

Our dinner choices will be chateaubriand, chicken chardonnay, and tilapia florentine. We haven't decided on the apps yet. We're also having a dessert table in addition to the cake.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    My lunch was a salad and some dry cereal. Ugh!

Our guests have a choice of salmon, filet, or chicken. Chicken fingers for the kids.
    We are having an ice cream sundae bar and a mini burger bar, so excited for that! :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Spring salad with fruit topped by grilled chicken.

Doing a buffet dinner with salad, 2 meats, 2 potatoe, 2 veggie. Will have passed hot/cold apps during cocktail hour.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards