September 2012 Weddings
Options

Grrr...

We fly to VA tomorrow for a long weekend.  We are doing some WR stuff tomorrow and FI is in a wedding on Saturday.  I've asked FI at least 100 times what time the rehearsal is for this wedding since we have to meet our officiant (only have emailed with her so our first time meeting her) and do our tasting between flying in and the rehearsal.  Well he JUST found out it is only 2 hours after our tasting is scheduled for...and it is an hour away from our venue!  So now we have 1 hour for our tasting.  We haven't been to our venue since October and the next time we are there will be the few days leading up to our wedding.  We have the officiant meeting immediately before so there isn't any wiggle room.  I'm just annoyed at the procrastination of finding out this information!  I could have maybe tried to push the meetings up.  I have 3 pages of questions for our venue (room layout, how certian things are going to flow) plus I wanted to enjoy our tasting.  I know the rehearsal is important and it is someone else's wedding weekend I just wanted to not be rushed.

I'm going to try to send my venue the questions they may not know off hand tonight so that they can have the answers prepared for me.  I just dont know if she'll actually get to them so hoping for the best. 

Re: Grrr...

• Options

It might not be his fault.
    Last year my FI was asked to play his guitar for his best man's wedding ceremony. We were never told when to show up for rehearsal until it was time for us to leave (like 20 minutes beforehand) and weren't invited to dinner until after the rehearsal was over, I don't think that they wanted to feed us, it was really awkward and uncomfortable!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_grrr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:a4114ee9-ddf9-4907-983d-0d1cda1215b6Post:4ddc94c0-5d66-40d5-8259-e382434913ae">Re: Grrr...</a>:
    [QUOTE]It might not be his fault. Last year my FI was asked to play his guitar for his best man's wedding ceremony. We were never told when to show up for rehearsal until it was time for us to leave (like 20 minutes beforehand) and weren't invited to dinner until after the rehearsal was over, I don't think that they wanted to feed us, it was really awkward and uncomfortable!
    Posted by Callmefia[/QUOTE]

I know it isn't all my FI fault because never in my life have I seen such an uninformed groom as his friend.  The guy has no idea what is going on with his wedding.  Which works for him and his bride but makes me crazy because my FI has no information.  I know I'm over the top with my planning ahead but there is definitely a lack of information flow.  We did receive a rehearsal dinner invitation but had no idea if the rehearsal was before or after or where it was in relation to where dinner is.  Just seems like that information should have came together.  My FI really couldn't have done anything else but pester the groom to find the information out.  But he still could have explained to the groom we needed the information to make our travel plans etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards