September 2012 Weddings

Would you add anything??

Today I finally finished the dress hangers for my BM dresses.  They took forever because I had to spray paint them chocolate, and with all the rain/snow we've had, there hasn't been much of an opportunity to do that.  It's not part of their gifts, just something extra I made for pictures :)  I'm ordering their dresses for them all at the same time online, so when I get them I'm going to give/ship them to them with their hanger.

Would you add anything?  A ribbon?  Flower??  The hangers with blue initials are for my girls and the white one is for me.  Mine will also have the "Mrs. Neal" wire thing- Fi just hasn't drilled the holes for it yet :)

Re: Would you add anything??

• Cute! You could try a ribbon in your wedding color, but I'm not sure if it would obscure the initial. Give it a shot though it you have some ribbon lying around. Otherwise, super cute!
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • I agree, try the ribbon and make sure its not going to cover up the initlals you put on.
  • i think a ribbon would be easy to try to add and play around with. i think it would definitely add something!
    Happily married since 9/1/2012!
    The Whimsical Wifey
  • Agree with trying the ribbon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • A ribbon would look cute.

I have been looking into making some for my BM as well- where did you get the rhinestone initials? And if they are self adhesive, did you use anything extra to make sure they stayed on? Thanks! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_would-you-add-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:a820a892-d1b0-418c-97eb-37279d9a9806Post:eda26b02-43e5-4b7c-87b2-8eaf3f66bee1">Re: Would you add anything??</a>:
    [QUOTE]A ribbon would look cute. I have been looking into making some for my BM as well- <strong>where did you get the rhinestone initials?</strong> And if they are self adhesive, did you use anything extra to make sure they stayed on? Thanks! 
    Posted by junebug19[/QUOTE]

/\this

That looks so much easier than the wire name ones
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers image165 image100 image38
  • I thought about a ribbon, but thought it'd cover the initials.  You ladies have convinced me to try it though, so I'll let you know how it works out.

The rhinestones are actually loose ones that I had left over from my cake serving set.  I messed around with fonts until I found the one I liked, printed them out a hundre times to get the size right, then cut them out.  I taped them to the hanger lightly, then traced over the initial with a hard hand to make an imprint on the hanger.  Removed the taped initial & used E6000 glue to glue each rhinestone down individually.  Each initial probably took about 3 minutes after the letter was imprinted on the hanger- it was a seriously fast/easy check :)

It was definitely easier than the wire names.  I made one of those for myself (Fi hasn't drilled the holes for it yet) and I would never undertake the task of making more, even for my small wedding party.  My fingers hurt so bad after that!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards