September 2012 Weddings
Options

Weekly Checks!

I saw this on another month board and thought it was a cute idea. On Sundays, everyone posts about wedding related things that they got done this week. It can be anything- small to big- like fixing your registry, meeting with a vendor, DIY projects- anything! Then you post things that you would like to get done in the following week. 

This was a good week for me! I...
-fixed both my registries (BBandB and Maycs- they are finally done!)
-went with FI and groomsmen to pick out tuxes (We did Men's Warehouse, one of the new Vera Wang tuxes. They are super nice)
-went to my food tasting (this was today! super fun!)
-went to a bridal show (it was also today)

I did a ton this week, so I'm going to take a break now. I'm just going to research our honeymoon more and maybe try to set up an appointment with a travel agent this week.
September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image

Re: Weekly Checks!

• Options
    I actually didn't do anything WR this week. My florist appointment that was scheduled for Thursday was pushed back to this coming week. I attempted to make an appointment to look at BM dresses, but my one BM isn't available until after March 11 so I'm going to hold off on that for now.

This week I have my 2 final florist consults, and then I hope to make a final decision and book by the end of the week. I might also add the rest of the stuff to the registry (we still need to add our linens and other bathroom stuff).
    Anniversary
  • Options
    This past week I picked up my boudoir pics for FI's gift!  I also bought the remainder of some things I needed for my DIY projects.  

This week....I have 2 midterms so won't touch anything until Friday night/Saturday.  The hope is to do at least two DIY projects and get FI to agree on the invite wording.  I also would like to start the layout of FI's bourdoir photobook gift.  Ambitious but it is my first free weekend in forever.
  • Options
    We met with our photographer today ( we won this in the wedding show package), to go over what we get with him, which is pretty much everything we need, so that was great. Otherwise I didn't do anything wedding related. I'm kind of in a lull now, not really in wedding mode lately. Too stressed I guess, looking for a part time job for some extra cash flow (not that I have any time for it). Oh well.
  • Options
    Met with my DJ on Saturday.  He is such a cool dude!  He is awesome and I am looking forward to having him set the mood for my wedding celebration.

Bought my shoes.  YAY! 

Set up my appointment with the designer see a mockup of the designs she has for my ceremony and reception. 

Got my STDs in the mail.  Will be mailing them out this week to my OOT guests.

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Options
    This week we finished addressing and stamping all of our STD's (with the exception of about 5). Also, we decided on a honeymoon (Greece!!) which we are super excited about. Spoke with a travel agent and got pricing for that.

We also decided on a bridesmaid dress (finally!!). And got all of our guys tuxes figured out.

Next week we are hoping to make it to the post office and get our STD's out. Book our honeymoon with the travel agent and pass on all of the bridesmaids dress information to my bridesmaids!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My BMs and I decided on dresses. Finally!

I completed and received my photobook from mypublisher which will be used as my bridal shower guest book.

I've done a lot of researching and organizing, but not much else.

I also lost 3lbs, I know i'm an AW, but I'm counting it as a WR check b/c its going to make my dress fit/look better. :)
  • Options
    We had a meeting with our venue to finalize times for the rehearsal, ceremony and reception yesterday. My FMIL and FFIL got to see the venue for the first time and also started talking with the owner about doing the rehearsal dinner there. Then they got to meet my Uncle who will be doing the service for us and we all talked about what we wanted the ceremony to consist of. After that we had our consultation with the florist and booked her. Finally, we booked our honeymoon last night! It was a pretty productive day. We spent a good chunk of today planning for the honeymoon and I started looking at bakers for the groom's cake.
  • Options

Not too many WR checks this week, work has been so crazy!

Approved my invitation proofs, so they are off to the printer.
    My BM picked out and ordered her dress.

:)

Anniversary
  • Options
    Last 10 days-
    • booked mini-moon flight & hotels
    • met with & hired florist
    • hired dj
    • scheduled meeting w/ day-of-coordinator
    • got a lead on a good caterer (I was really struggling w/ the options, I think I'm onto a good one now tho)
    • tried on some wedding bands
    • ordered shoes for reception (Tom's ivory grosgrain wedges)
    Whew! A good couple of weeks! :D
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This was a big wedding week for me!  We...
    - picked out tuxes
    - went to a bridal show
         - met an amazing florist (considering forgoing our small deposit to work with this new one...am I crazy?!)
    - picked our table linens
    - helped my mom find her MOB dress/shoes
    - met with rehearsal dinner location with FMIL/FI
    - DIY table numbers arrived!  Now I need to fix my printer so I can make them :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    We ordered ink for our printer so we can get started on invites whenever we get them designed.

Got a good idea of what we want the invites to look like so it just needs to actually be done.

Contacted a caterer and will meet with him for a tasting next Sunday.

Went back to our venue to get accurate measurements. She also gave me some sheets with cutouts of tables and such so I can try to play around with where we want everything.

Next week I hope to be able to book the HM finally and to maybe book the caterer if he's good. We'll see...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards