September 2012 Weddings
Options

Quick Question... RSVP

How many weeks before the wedding are you wanting guests to reply by?

Re: Quick Question... RSVP

• Options
    My wedding is Sept 29th and I believe I asked for like Aug 17th, i want plenty of time to call the people who haven't RSVP'd and have the seating chart and all that done. My reception venue requires the numbers and stuff like that two weeks in advance
    Sept 2012 May Siggy
    Honeymoon in Mexico

292474_f520 Wedding Countdown TickerLilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    My wedding is Sept 8th, and I asked for August 17th. I need to give an updated headcount to the caterer two weeks prior to the wedding, so August 17th gives me a week to call and follow up with the slackers who don't RSVP.
  • Options
    Our wedding is Sept 15 and our RSVP date is August 22. We are sending out our invites 10 weeks in advance to try to give people some extra time to HOPEFULLY be cutting down on those RSVP calls
  • Options
    My wedding is Sept 16th and I have an RSVP date of Sept 1st. I plan to send invites out in the middle of July, if not a little before to give people plenty of time.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    220 image 123 image 21 image
  • Options
    Our venue wants the first tentative number about a  month before the event (being its a DW I didnt' stress too much about it because they're going to have decided by then anyway if they're booking hotels, travel, time off work, etc) so I have a Sept 22 wedding and an Aug 18 RSVP date to give me a few days to call and follow up.
  • Options
    We set our RSVP date exactly one month before the wedding date, basically for the same reasons as others - to call people who haven't responded and have a final headcount for the venue two weeks before the date.
  • Options
    We are also setting the RSVP date one month prior.
    Wedding1_zps3487cad4 wedding10_zps74fded34
  • Options
    We are getting married Sept 15 and set the RSVP date as August 24.  This should give us time to hunt down any slow pokes who haven't returned their cards yet.  We're sending invites out right after July 4.
    image180 image85 image8 Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    Ours are earlier - Aug 1 is the deadline. I wanted to allow myself a couple weeks to make calls in the event that people don't respond on time (for those I think are coming but have forgotten). This should bring us to Aug 15, which gives us a full month to do up the place cards and seating chart and all that stuff.
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    august 11th. Caterer needs a headcount 3 weeks in advance (he's a small operation, needs enough time to order food, secure staff, etc). I also need to secure the number of rentals.3 weeks in advance, too.
  • Options
    Typically you need to send invites out 6-8 weeks ahead of the wedding. Our venue needs to have a final count 72 hours out (so ask your venue.caterer when they need final numbers).

Our RSVP date for our Sept 8th weding is August 24th. Many times people do not send out their RSVP until the day it is due.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I am sending my invites out the end of June and I am Sept 30 just for out of town guests to plan (hotels fill up fast and not many will do room blocks since it is a tourist town) and for my peace of mind b/c july is going to be crazy for me with a 5k run, gone a week in a half in Michigan and then the last two weeks I am busy with cheyenne frontier days. I am asking for RSVP's by August 15th so then we can give final numbers to everyone and those that have not RSVP we have time to call them b/c I know certain family members will not RSVP.
  • Options
    My wedding date is September 15 and we are having guests to RSVP by August 18. The invites will be sent out June 2 since this is around the time of a lot of traveling for both sides of the family and other guests.  In terms of calls, we are making the calls as RSVPs August 1thru the 18, which is the deadline to return them. Our plan is to submit a finalized plan to all vendors by August 31.
    Anniversary Vacation
  • Options
    Hmmm.  FI were discussing this and we were going to do Sept 8th for our Sept 29 wedding.  Looking at all of your dates, maybe we should push it up a bit...  It's a good thing nothing is printed yet!

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

• Options
    Okay.... Think we are going to make it easy and do September 1st as our RSVP date. Think that is good for a September 28th wedding? I feel like it is early... but from what y'all are sayig it's about right... Hmmm... Idk!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards