September 2012 Weddings
Options

Dress Pressure Anyone? Long-ish

I am supposed to be going dress shopping this friday with my mom, sister, and aunt.  Sounded like a great idea when we came up with it a month ago, but now I really don't think I'm ready to try anything on. I live in Nevada and am visiting family in the midwest so this would be the only time we will be able to all get together before the wedding itself. 

I'm feeling pressured to find something while they're with me and I think that is turning me off to the whole idea right now. I haven't fallen head over heels for anything I've seen on the websites or in the bridal shops here. My sister (who is amazing, but BAD at keeping secrets) has told me my mom is super excited to shop with me so if I decide not to go now and find a dress back home I need to act like I never found it and fly my mom out so she can be there when I "find the dress".  

Bottom line is I would be wasting everyone's time including the consultant's if we go friday, but don't want to hurt my familys feelings. I've decided to cancel the appointment and opt for a girls day at a festival friday instead. Has anyone else felt like they weren't ready when the time came? I think I'm going to ask my mom to come to Vegas for a few days and shop with me when I feel like I'm ready to commit to a dress. Just feeling a little stressed out and defeated over this.

"We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!" ~Anonymous~ "It is far better to be small and *Shine* than to be big and cast a Shadow!" ~Anonymous~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards