September 2012 Weddings
Options

HOW TO WRITE AN RSVP

I am going to have 250 guest, (I wish I could get that down to 200)
how do I make an RSVP
and then how can I write an RSVP?

I dont want no more than 4 guest per invitaion. So I want them to know there is a set amount per invitation but also include if they need more they may request it - so it wont be rude.
If they decide less even better!

Re: HOW TO WRITE AN RSVP

• Options
    The other option that some people do is include a line:
    _________ Spots have been reserved for you
    When doing a family thing, so that its clear its just the immediate family, no extensions that might think they could under 'Smith Family'.
  • Options
    I just got an rsvp in the mail saying _ of 2 people are attending...of course you have to go through and write how many people you want attending on each rsvp card then.
  • Options
    I did this:

If you can't see that, it says "__  seats have been reserved in your honor".

I'm going to fill in that line with the number of people I have invited with that particula invitation.

Also, with that number of invites, be careful - some people don't realize they need to put their names on it before they mail it!  Some girls recommend putting a very small number hidden on the invitation somewhere, or very subtle on the back, which lines up with a guest list somewhere.  That way, if you get one back with no names, you can figure out who it came from.  Another girl suggested a black light pen, which I think is awesome and is totally what I'm going to do.  You can write right on it and no one can see it unless you have a black light!

Anniversary

• Options
    Ladies, forgive my ignorance but what is that "M" for on the line where people are supposed to write their names?

Also, are you filling that "# of seats have been reserved in your honor" in pen or on the computer before you send them out?
  • Options
    The "M" is the start of "Mr. & Mrs. Smith."  It's just an etiquette thing that starts the response for them.

We are not doing "# of seats" thing.  I am putting exactly who is invited on the outer AND inner envelopes.  If someone writes in their kid or an extra person, we will call them and explain that the extra guest was invited.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    ... I deleted mine because I realize I don't want it all over the interwebz lol.  

I love the blacklight idea!  I keep forgetting about doing the numbers and I will have to remember that.  My guestlist is in an excel spreadsheet so I can just assign the numbers by what row they are in... easy peasy :)
  • Options
    Thank you very much for the infor girls.

I think i will go with Katiesue04 that way if it is under my limit even better!

Thanks!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards