September 2012 Weddings

Programs... Menus?

Are y'all doing these? I definitely want to do a program... pretty sure I want to do a menu... no idea why though... :-/... anddd kind of debating on doing a "thank you" card for each person. Something I saw on Pinterest. Just a general thank you for attending... blah, blah, blah..

I'm really big on "customizing" and "personalization" so I kind of want to do it all... but I don't know!

Thoughts? What are y'all doing?

Re: Programs... Menus?

• I am going to do customize thank you cards. I found a thank you stamp at Hobby Lobby that I love and going to use gold ink to stamp thank you on the inside of the cards and hand writting each thank you card. The cards are super cute and different (Hobby Lobby again) and since we have about 60 guests the boxes have 50ct so I will have more than enough for thank you cards for the wedding and shower. No menus (on the website and mostly has been told word of mouth) and programs since there is no WP, ceremony super short and think its a waste of money for our wedding.

Anniversary Vacation
  • edited May 2012
    I had designed a program but I'm not allowed to use it at the church so uhm ya...
    This is what it looked like...

Our menu is actually a little cootie catcher game like this:

I've revamped the design I originally created to include a bird/feather stamp and I'll be including a name tag on each as the seating card.
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Just using rack cards from VP as programs.  Wasn't planning on menus.  We were going to skip favors but my mom asked if she could buy them to help out and wants to make wine charms (our wedding is wine themed) so I am going to make little thank you cards out of card stock so we can punch small holes in it to attach the wine charm too.
  • i'm doing programs because we are having a full mass and i'd say maybe 50-60% of our guests are catholic, so the rest might need some help. we aren't doing menus though because the guests are choosing their meals so it'd be too tough to sort out who gets which menu.

i plan on just designing them myself and printing them on our home printer. i'll pick out some nicer paper to print them on, but i don't plan on printing those til the last month.
    Happily married since 9/1/2012!
    The Whimsical Wifey
  • I am doing programs for the ceremony. For the reception each seat will have a thank you card and on the back of it is the menu. We are doing a buffet and I heard having the menu there makes the buffet line move faster as people generally have an idea of what's there before getting up there.
  • I'm doing both, programs and menus.  I bought seeded paper from save-on-crafts to print them on, that way hopefully the guests will take them home and "plant" them.  :)  I didn't want to be wasteful and the guests will have pretty flowers in their yard to remember our day. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • egm900egm900 member
    First Comment
    We're doing both.  The wedding is a full Catholic Mass, and we're anticipating less than 20% will be Catholic.  The reception is a tea, served family style, and I always like to know what something is before I bite into it.
  • We're going to do programs because we're getting married in the Episcopal Church, but none of our guests are members of this church, and we don't want anyone to feel confused or excluded. 

Our current plan is to include 1 menu per table on the back of the table number. These are just going to be on cardstock.

I'm not going to print a thank you separately, though if there's room on the program, we might throw one on there.
    Sept 2012 Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
    But instead of yellow, mine will be peridot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards