Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Help...

I am newly engaged and my fiance and I have been talking about a small beach wedding. Living in a land locked state without the financial freedom to travel to the coast to find the perfect location, I am turning to you. 

Any suggestions? I could use all the ideas I can get.

Thanks!

Re: Help...

• Options

Try your local Kentucky board. See link on left for "Local Boards"

Good luck.

• Options

What about Lake Cumberland? Or drive to Maumee Bay State Resort on Lake Erie in Ohio. It's beautiful, ots of weddings there. You can have the ceremony and reception. The resort as beach swimming, swimming in a man made lake, indoor pool, 2 out-door pools, tennis, golf, hiking, basketball and indoor - raquet ball, full-service restaurant and bar, snack restaurant.s (2) Other stuff too. You can have the ceremony inside or out, guests can stay in the hotel or rent cottages.

http://www.maumeebaystateparklodge.com/

• Options
    You could also do a beach theme away from the beach, so use sea shells in your decorating, have beach-inspired colours (sand and turquoise, maybe?), and even a sand ceremony, but just not have it at the actual beach.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2010
    By a lake is a good suggestion.  Or any park or venue with a view of a lake, river, pond, creek, or even a swimming pool. 

I went to one wedding where they rented the apartment building clubhouse and had it out by the pool.

Our local botanical gardens has places overlooking fountains, a pond, or the Japenese garden area has a waterfall and koi ponds.
  • Options
    I'm confused. Do you want to be married on the coast but lack the resources to come out ahead of time and scout out the area? Or do you want to be married in your home state because you lack the resources to come to the coast to be married?

If you want to have a small ceremony--the Oregon Coat is the place to do it. There are breathtaking sites here that you can use for free.

http://www.oregonweddingofficiants.com/elope_oregon.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards