September 2012 Weddings

Have you registered yet?

Hi, ladies! I'm sure this has been asked before so I apologize if it has been recent.

Have you registered yet?

Last weekend, Fiance and I went to bed, bath and beyond and it was overwhelming! Just a couple questions (just out of curiosity):

Where/When are you registering?
What big ticket item are you hoping to get most?
What part of the process is most difficult?

Also, any tips about the pro's/con's of where to register might be helpful. I've heard others say that Target has a limited return policy and that sometimes the registry gets messed up.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Have you registered yet?

• I decided to do mine online lol because that was just FAR less overwhelming to me... 
    I registered at Sears

We registered for this vaccuum/floor steamer that we really want, oh an a Keurig, we both really want one lol 

The most difficult part for me was getting FI to agree to anything... I would question a colour and he'd be like 'ya, sure' lol 
  • kellycatalokellycatalo member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I'm thinking we will probably register at bed bath and beyond, target, and then maybe macy's or crate & barrel. it depends where we find the china we like i guess. we probably won't register until april or may because i just don't see a need to before that.

i'm not sure about a "big ticket item" though we might register for some more unusual items (like a snowblower). we already have a vaccuum. i think we might have a hard time coming up with a list. our china will probably end up being the most expensive thing.

i think it will be hard for us to decide which exact item to register for. we are bargain hunters ourselves so it will be hard for us to not register for things that are cheaper, but we know that this is the time to do some of our upgrades so we should put some nicer things on the list too. plus, we always research things before we buy them, and i think it might just be too difficult to research every single item before we put them on the list.
    Happily married since 9/1/2012!
    The Whimsical Wifey
  • I have started a couple registries...

1. The Bay (it's a Canadian company) for items like bedding, towels, and other things we don't have. We already have a home so we don't need much but we wanted to give family that option.

2. eHoneymoon - Guests can contribute towards our honeymoon in fun ways. It will also be used for one of my bridal showers. (pampered chef is the other)

3. dreambank.org - Instead of getting lots of stuff we don't need, guests can donate towards our "dream" which in our case is our new family home that will start being built in the Spring after the wedding. It's just another option and we'll appreciate anything we get!
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm registered at Kohl's, and online at Amazon.  I've gone online to BB&B but it's difficult to start it online, same with Target.  If I get to one I'll do it, otherwise I'll get what I get.
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_registered-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:d6853f2f-dbca-47e7-a772-136aff1beae3Post:a490bc6e-f762-4e35-ab42-43979e112c15">Have you registered yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, ladies! I'm sure this has been asked before so I apologize if it has been recent. Have you registered yet? Last weekend, Fiance and I went to bed, bath and beyond and it was overwhelming! Just a couple questions (just out of curiosity): Where/When are you registering? What big ticket item are you hoping to get most? What part of the process is most difficult? Also, any tips about the pro's/con's of where to register might be helpful. I've heard others say that Target has a limited return policy and that sometimes the registry gets messed up.
    Posted by AriesAngel86[/QUOTE]

<div>1. We're planning on registering in March. We'll probably do Target, BB&B, and maybe one other place.</div><div>2. a Keurig. I'm also considering putting a vaccum cleaner on there but we haven't discussed it too much yet.</div><div>3. N/A</div>
    Anniversary
  • edited January 2012
    we haven't and won't until April when I'm done school.

Plan on regestering at The Bay (think Macys) for:
    -pots/pans
    -china
    -knife set
    -glasswear
    -crystal (we're having a crystal themed shower)

Homesense or BBB
    -toaster
    -toaster oven
    -tassimo or dolce gusto
    -stand mixer (debating still)
    -bedding and other small linens (area rugs, pillows, curtains, bathroom stuff)

We live together and own a house so there isn't much we need.

• Add us to the list of pre-marital cohabitators, so we don't need much.  We want to upgrade our linens and dishes, etc.  I won a vacuum from Dr Oz, so that's off my list.  Now I'm just really hoping for a Bunn coffee maker and my china set.  We haven't picked a pattern or anything yet.

I started a list on giftregistry360.com today actually.  It's great, you can combine lists from major stores and add things from any site online.  There is also a smart phone app with a barcode reader.  Really helpful, since we do a lot of online shopping and that's where I'd prefer to register.  You can even add things from etsy :0)
    September 2012 Brides March siggy challenge: Fav registry item so far...Bunn Coffee Maker!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We are going to register in March when I am on spring break. I think we plan on registering at Kohls, BBB, and Menards which is a home improvement store. I know we are going to register for me kitchen stuff and bedding. I would also like to get a steamer, snow blower and even better a fridge but I am not putting the fridge on my list.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We registered at Macy's and plan to register at BBB also. The girls on the gifts and registry board caution against Target (poor customer service and lots of glitches!)- just an FYI to those thinking about Target! I haven't experienced it, though, so it's just hearsay. 

Our biggest ticket item we want is a down comforter. It was AMAZING. Or a Dyson vacuum! 

The hardest part for us was trying to decide what to put on it. At the start it felt really awkward going around deciding what we want people to give us for gifts but by the end we were having a ball... and in need of a nap. 
    0403_0929W BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are registering at BBB and probably Macy's.  We've owned a house together for almost 2 years so it's mostly upgrades that we're putting on our list.  Our dishes are in rough shape though (Ikea plates only have so much life span in them lol) so those are a definite but not fancy ones because I got one of my grandmother's china sets when she passed.  I've already started an online registery at BBB but FI and were thinking of going on Saturday to add some more things to it in store.  I wanted to have a minimal registry setup when we send out STDs next week so when people go on our wedding site they can see our registry too. 

I'm thinking of it as my dream list and putting all the things I dream of having on it (Kitchenaid mixer, dyson, down comforter) and of course all the small things that I don't have right now too (potato masher, dough masher, wine glasses) so I'm hoping it will balance out.  Of course we'll be happy with whatever we get and I'm sure both our families will be overly generous.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    220 image 123 image 21 image
  • I have started registries on line only so far at BBB and Target. We are looking to upgrade our kitchen "stuff" and get some new linens, maybe a china set. I would love a Dyson Vaccumm or a set of Le Creuset pots/pans. I have experienced a few glitches with the Target registry, mostly it moves soooooooooooooo slooowwwww most of the time, but I found more stuff that I liked there than at Macys or Crate & Barrell (I started registries at both those places but couldn't find anything I like so I cancelled them)
  • First off, let me say that if you go to the Registry and Gifts board it's filled with people having issues with Target. FI and I considered Target as somewhere to register, but apparently they mess up everything. But. no, we haven't registered yet. We plan to in March at Belk and BBB.

Where/When are you registering? Belk and Bed Bath and Beyond
    What big ticket item are you hoping to get most? Dyson!!! For real. I will DIE if we get one and I will love whoever got it sooo much! lol
    What part of the process is most difficult? I think deciding what to get where. I plan on doing some quick research to see, but overall I'm not going to research too, too much. 
  • We plan to register around March hoping that what we register will not be out of stock or discontinued by Sept. We plan to register at BBB and possibly elder beerman.

We already live together so we dont need many home items so I really want to register for our honeymoon so people can contribute to it. however I'm really debating on what the easiest way to do this is and how to state that without sounding tacky.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards