September 2012 Weddings
Options

I need a little support (long)

So today my mother and I went dress shopping and it was a total disaster, but not for the typical reasons.

Last night my mom fell down a flight of stairs and hurt her back.  She insisted on staying at home and not going to the ER and then refused to let me cancel the bridal appointment today.  The whole experience was awful because I could tell how much pain she was in and she just wasn't enthusiastic (not that I blame her).  I took her immediately to the ER from the bridal store.

I feel like the worst daughter EVER!  It turns out she had 8 broken ribs (13 breaks total), a broken collar bone, and a collapsed lung.  Air was filling her chest cavity and was crushing her heart, we finially realized how serious it was when all the soft tissue in her face swelled up (like if someone allergic to bees was stung).  We were told tonight that while she will be fine, it was life threatening.  I know it's not my fault, but I should have insisted we cancel the appointment and go directly to the doctor.  I know I didn't know what all was wrong but I am wracked with guilt.

I have another bridal appointment tomorrow (I drove to my hometown to dress shop with her this weekend).  She is insisting I go without her (and go with my dad instead, none of my bridal party is local).  I'm so torn because I actually found a dress I love yesterday and it may be it.  I'm just so sad that I may have found "the one" and I am not going to have that special mother-daughter experience.  I would just wait to buy the dress (assuming it's the one, I have a feeling I will know after this appointment tomorrow) but it's part of a trunk show and if I buy it now I get 15% off, which would save me a lot.  Plus, again I feel like the worst daughter ever for even allowing us to go to the appointment.

Please be gentle with me, I'm pretty fragile at the moment.  My whole family has had a rough 24 hours.
Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
image 148 Are ready to party!
image 77 Will be missing out!
image 0 Are MIA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards