September 2012 Weddings
Options

Last Minute Budget Stress

So I thought we had come in under budget... only to realize we didn't include our hotel for the wedding weekend!  Eeeep!  It's not cheap, and it's too late to cancel and choose something less expensive.  Ugh... looks like I'm going to have to eat the cost.

How are you ladies doing with budget? 

Anniversary

Re: Last Minute Budget Stress

• Options
    We were under budget for a while but there are a lot of last minute things that got figured in and some adjustments. We're still a hair under budget but I am still waiting to get the final bar pricing from our venue. I think I overestimated those costs so we should be fine. 

The main reason I need to know is that we want to at least partially host our evening get together. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    uggh :(  I'm sure everything will work out perfect anyways (some how it always does).  I thought we were a little under budget but now I'm realizing some of the smaller items I forgot about... and its the little things that always add up :/
  • Options
    Us too...when I did the budget over a year and a half ago...I didn't take into account that the Venue would raise prices 5% (which they are allowed to in our contract). So that with the extra people that we ended up adding to the guest list amounted to $3K over - Yikes! We also are over in the stationary and flowers (slightly), but we are under in almost all other areas...so we'll be close to where we hoped to be after all is said and done....Hopefully! LOL!

I can't help but cringe when I really think that this is all for one day...but you only live once right!?
  • Options

Budget-wise we are under right now because we are getting way more declines than expected and food/beverage is about 80% of our budget and totally headcount driven.  However, we did have to dip into the wedding money to buy our house last week.  It was a foreclosure so the upfront costs were higher than expected but our rationale was that it was a much longer term purchase than a wedding so it was worthwhile.  So we may have to ask FILs to spot us upfront for a small part of the wedding and pay them back in Nov/Dec.  It should pan out okay just more stressful than expected.

• Options
    I believe we are slightly under budget for right now though I haven't added in some items and reconfigured the food costs since we are having less people than expected. 

And FI's mom has apparently insisted that she be allowed to pay for the rehearsal dinner (which is something FI and I planned to do ourselves since our parents both previously put in an equal share of the wedding costs). We're fortunate that our parents have been able to help but I'm a little frustrated with FMIL's pushiness. I mean I know she means well but FI is happy to let her pay more and I feel guilty about it because they've already done way too much. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    We were under, but my alterations were more than expected, and my FI decided at the last minute that he wanted a champagne toast. So, we'll see. I think we might be slightly over, but we're planning to just whack the last expenses on a credit card and pay it off with gift money, if we have to.
  • Options
    A bit nervous -- he's said a few times, "oh, I'll have X amount by September, we should be fine," but now he's suddenly saying "I've only got Y amount, it's gonna be close"... it seems like he's been saying X is going to go up by a certain amount for months, and somehow, it maybe isn't.  I wonder if I should've just made him give me all of the money he had months ago, so I could've kept it together and ensured that it kept growing.  It still looks like we'll make it, but it's gonna be close.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards