September 2012 Weddings

Advice

Hey ladies I am a August bride! I just wanted to give you some advice! The day goes by so fast so try and take some time to have fun and breath! I feel like I was in my own little world for a while! I only had 2 drinks but I honestly do not remember everything! I have seen some pics that I had forgot we had taken lol. Try and visit with every guest, I feel bad we did not get around to everyone. We were getting pulled left and right the entire night! 

Also things will go wrong, we had 4 people no show and one random person show up. We had people take there place card and switch tables. I wish no one would have mentioned it to me! I stressed but there was nothing I could do about it! Also it rained, my photographer and I were walking out to do the first look and in started raining! during this time I got a peek at the reception hall. The manager whom i hadn't met yet came up to me to talk about the back up plan!! We still had 2 hours till the ceremony! I started crying and told him it would be outside even if we had to have the cocktail hour first! We started the ceremony right on time even though only 60% of the guests were there at that point. But we had to hurry since the rain had stopped! The ceremony was perfect, our pics that we have seen are perfect! 

Try and enjoy it and tell people to not inform you of any issues until after the wedding!

Re: Advice

• Thanks for the advice! I'm hoping since I only have 100 people that I get to have a convo with everyone, but I doubt that will happen :/   I'll try!

IT'S NOT GOING TO RAIN. lol. I sure hope it doesn't. I'm also giving everyone *strict* orders that I do NOT want to know if something went wrong unless it's something that they or my venue can't fix lol. 
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • Thanks for this and I'm glad that you still had a wonderful day with your new hubby no matter what happened. I'm with PP, I'm giving my timeline to certain people and have told them that if something goes wrong not to tell me about it. I really really hope it doesn't rain on our day, but I've bought a pretty umbrella so I won't stress. =)
  • Thanks for sharing the advice :) I finally solidified our rain plan and am feeling a TON better about that now lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards