September 2012 Weddings
Options

NWR: Tell me your favorite...

designer or brand of purse! 

I have been buying cheap purses my entire life but am tired of them falling apart, so I'm ready to invest in something a little more expensive/nice (but, I'm not talking Coach, haha). Problem is, I like really simple things. I just want a super simple, medium-sized leather (or something that looks/feels like leather) purse. No designs or huge logos or anything.

Ready....go!
Anniversary

Re: NWR: Tell me your favorite...

• Options
    For my nicer purses I ususally go to my Aunt's boutique and get them at cost hahahaha so that won't help you. But actually I was just in the Fossil store a few weeks ago and I noticed that their selection of purses is HUGE now! Or perhaps I just haven't been in one forever. But they are REALLY good prices
  • Options
    I super duper love my Nine West purse. I got it at an outlet mall in a shop that was having a giant sale. It's normally $80 but I got it for $20. =)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_nwr-tell-me-your-favorite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:e341a9b9-370e-44a2-af86-849111024da2Post:fb521b33-5979-4771-a5c9-25f3745c2127">Re: NWR: Tell me your favorite...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I super duper love my Nine West purse. I got it at an outlet mall in a shop that was having a giant sale. It's normally $80 but I got it for $20. =)
    Posted by morenachica110[/QUOTE]

Good score!!!!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_nwr-tell-me-your-favorite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:e341a9b9-370e-44a2-af86-849111024da2Post:fb521b33-5979-4771-a5c9-25f3745c2127">Re: NWR: Tell me your favorite...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I super duper love my Nine West purse. I got it at an outlet mall in a shop that was having a giant sale. It's normally $80 but I got it for $20. =)
    Posted by morenachica110[/QUOTE]

<div>Dang, that is a good deal! The only purse I have that I really love is Nine West, but I didn't see much on their website that I liked now. Maybe I should try an outlet...hmm...</div><div>
    </div><div>I like Fossil too, but the one that I loved the most was $240ish, which seems like a lot for Fossil IMO.</div>
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_nwr-tell-me-your-favorite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:e341a9b9-370e-44a2-af86-849111024da2Post:4b00818c-2908-4bfd-b886-d70fc6c3303c">Re: NWR: Tell me your favorite...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NWR: Tell me your favorite... : Dang, that is a good deal! The only purse I have that I really love is Nine West, but I didn't see much on their website that I liked now. Maybe I should try an outlet...hmm... I like Fossil too, but the one that I loved the most was $240ish, which seems like a lot for Fossil IMO.
    Posted by ejheart[/QUOTE]
    Hmmmmmm that was definately not the Fossil store I was in! hahahahah. Perhaps it was an outlet one as well
  • Options
    I love Fossil for their patterned fabric purses, but the leather they use seems really nice as well.  They're definitely sturdy and will hold up.  They have pretty basic purses, as well as some that are funkier.  Macy's always seems to have some on sale, and I've seen them at TJ Maxx and Marshalls before.  

My MIL bought me a Tignanello purse for xmas, and it's definitely nice quality too.  Their stuff seems a little more classic and polished.  My sister had a Tignanello purse for a long time and really liked it, too.
  • Options
    I had a really nice Fossil bag in purple kinda-distressed stamped leather. Hella cute and I got so many compliments on it! It finally just got beat to heck, but I loved the size (not too big, not too small- I'm 5'2" so I can't carry some honkin' bag but a girl still needs her Purse). I was despairing at finding a replacement and then happened on a super-crazy clearance Lucky bag, sorta a small hobo in indigo leather, at Macy's with the coupon you can use on clearance, and snapped up that $180 bag for $60. I seem to have good luck with Macy's for bags- I don't go in for big logo stuff, and I'm too hard on my everyday purse to want something too $$$. Put it this way- if it costs to much for me to set on the ground, then it's not the bag for me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If I buy a nice purse I wait until we go on vacation and go shopping at the Coach Outlet store.  I'd never pay full retail price, but they are fantastic bags.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    Do you have a Marshalls or TJ Maxx near you? I have gotten great deals on designer bags there. You have to look through everything, but it can be definitely worth it!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    *Blank Stare*

The one I currently have is the closest thing to designer I have ever owned. I got it from some lady who was selling them at the fair, and couldn't even tell you who makes it, but it is camo, with brown sections on the corners and straps. It cost me $45 which is HUGE for me, since i rarely spend more that $15 on a purse. :P

One of my friends swears by Coach though. She has bought purses, wallets, and all that other jazz. Thats about all I know about purses though.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_nwr-tell-me-your-favorite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:e341a9b9-370e-44a2-af86-849111024da2Post:90cef737-5bb4-4085-b188-b6ef0694e356">Re: NWR: Tell me your favorite...</a>:
    [QUOTE]If I buy a nice purse I wait until we go on vacation and go shopping at the Coach Outlet store.  I'd never pay full retail price, but they are fantastic bags.
    Posted by SCogs18[/QUOTE]

This is what I do.  I have three Coach outlets within an hour of me.  How I only have one real Coach purse (and a few wrislets is beyond me)  but it was a $300 bag that I got for $100.  I have had it two years and it still looks brand new.
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    My current purse is guess- I got it at DSW. It's soft and a taupe color, so it goes with everything! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It is fabric not leather but I love my Baggallini purse. They're incredibly durable and have a ton of pockets.

I have had mine for over 2 years and aside from being a bit dirty (which is my fault) it is still as good as new. I use it everyday and I am pretty hard on my stuff so this says a lot. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Coach (I only buy at outlet) Longchamp, Kate Spade (watch for sample sales) Hype, and for all purpose totes or the more girly end I do love my Vera Bradley bags they are washable and unbeliveably durable for fabric I've had some for years and years even bought a vintae one off ebay that was probably 10 years old before i got it and its still a champ.

Shop Marshalls/TJ Maxx and watch sample sale sites like ruelala, ideeli, gilt etc...

I'm not a big splurgey person but for a few decent bags that will last a lifetime I;d say its worht it.  I have probably 5 or 6 really good designer bags that while they were expensive the most I've ever speant was $150.  I've collected them or been gifted them over the last 10 years and they will last way longer than the fake leather and cheap hardware on less expensive bags so I rationalize with 1 a year or so that last forever is better than multiple cheap ones that last maybe the season I bought them in.
    Sept 2012 Siggy:Bridesmaids' Dresses
    Bari Jay 911 in Raspberry
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am a big fan of Coach and Guess... I have an outlet near me for both of them.  I never pay full price though, I always wait for a sale and coupons haha
  • Options
    I Love Kathy Van Zealand.  I've purchased most all of my Kathy purses at Ross for about $39.
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_nwr-tell-me-your-favorite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:e341a9b9-370e-44a2-af86-849111024da2Post:61864e3e-73de-447c-a735-6a5a125870f3">Re: NWR: Tell me your favorite...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I Love Kathy Van Zealand.  I've purchased most all of my Kathy purses at Ross for about $39.
    Posted by adktd2boots[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh yes, I had a Kathy Van Zeeland too. I had it for about 5 years before I decided to retire it. The stripping on the handles to fill in the gaps where it met was peeling off =/ Plus, I beat up my purses. lol!</div><div>
    </div><div>Usually what I do is buy something no more than about $40-$45 and go with that. I just get bored after a few years so I'm always rotating bags and can't spend a ton. So I suggest going to outlet malls. </div>
  • Options
    ejheartejheart member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Thanks, ladies! A girl at my office suggested Marshall's too, and there is one over here so I think I'll try that. Then maybe an outlet (whenver I get can to one). :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I agree with the coach outlet, I used to think people were CRAZY for spending that much on a purse, but when I went to the outlets and found some great deals, I finally caved and bought one.  I now have quite a few.  I bought a very large 'work bag' that retailed above $500 for just under $200 5 years ago and I STILL use it everday at work (and people still complement me on how nice it is... even though if you look real close you can tel lit is starting to wear a bit). 

I never buy the bags on sale, and if you go between Thanksgiving/Christmas (and some other times) they always have discounts on top of discounts, I usually walk out of there with at least a 50% discount on the purse if not MORE... so it is worth it when I am getting $300 purses for $100 and the quality is honestly worth it.  I also typically avoid the ones that are 'signature' and have the logos etc etc....
  • Options
    Add me to the list of girls who bought a Coach bag at the outlet. I also have a Rosetti that I love.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards