September 2012 Weddings
Options

How much??

How much should I spend on gifts for my bridesmaids? What is a good amount for each of them?

Re: How much??

• Options
    Whatever you can reasonably afford.  We spent about $50 on each of our attendants & officiant (who is a family friend).  But I've heard of much more, and much less.

Anniversary

• Options
    I spent about $50 as well.  I dont think theres an expected dollar amount.  Whatever you can do would be fine!
  • Options
    Ditto PPs, I spent about $50. It's the thought that counts!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    It all depends on what you are comfortable spending.  Also, it's a nice gesture to give them something that isn't wedding related.
  • Options
    edited September 2012

I spent about $30 but that was because I took on DIYing 2 out of the 3 parts of their gifts and I got good deals on the materials for my craft projects.

ETA:  We also have 6 attendants each so that impacted how much we could spend.  I suggest finding the total amount you can spend on all attendants, then dividing equally from there and finding each a thoughtful gift even if they are different from one another.  Definitely about the thought, not the $$ though.

• Options
    I spent about 50. I'm also paying for their hair which is 60. But I think whatever you can afford/being thoughtful is the most important.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • Options
    I also spent about $50. I made them all the same emergancy kit and then bought them all gifts that were unique to each of them. FI spent about $30 on each of his GM and he bought their ties for the wedding.
  • Options
    I spent about $40 on them, and I'll be covering the tip for everyone's hair since I booked the stylists.  Somewhere in the $30-60 range seems pretty average to me.

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

• Options
    We each have 6 attendants so we spent about $20-$30 on each of them. I debate if I want to spend more, cuz I'd love to give my girls more but I just can't really afford it right now. If there were fewer attendants I'd spend more, but financially that's just not easy for us.
  • Options
    AlanCWaldenAlanCWalden member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards