September 2012 Weddings

XP- what are your music selections?

Hi there - looking for some inspiration for music for those key moments during the day.  What are or were your choices for the following? 

Pre-ceremony music
Recessional
Bridal party entrance 
First dance
Father/daughter dance
Mother/son
Others?

thanks!

Re: XP- what are your music selections?

• We haven't decided on a lot but here's where we're at right now. All of this is subject to change, I will * the ones we are totally set on!

Pre-Ceremony Music - Vitamin String Quartet (some of their GNR and Pearl Jam songs because those are fav bands for FI and I) **
    Bridal party processional - Love Never Fails by Brandon Heath **
    Bridal Processional - A Thousand Years - Christina Perri
    During God's Knot Ceremony - Love is Not a Fight - Warren Barfield **
    Recessional - Good Day - One Republic

First Dance - God Gave Me You - Blake Shelton **
    Mother/Daughter Dance - Mama's Song - Carrie Underwood **
    Bridal Party Dance/Start the Party - Lets Get It Started - Black Eyed Peas
  • edited March 2012
    Pre-ceremony music...not sure exactly, but combination of DMB, VSQ, Joshua Radin

Recessional- "You and Me" by DMB and then "Slide" by Goo Goo Dolls
    Bridal party entrance - not sure yet; our entrance will be to "September" by Earth, Wind, and Fire though
    First dance- "Superman" Robin Thicke
    Father/daughter dance- "My little girl" Tim Mcgraw
    Mother/son- "Song for Mama"  Boyz II Men
    Still deciding on cake cutting and tosses
    Last song will be "Let's stay together" Al Green

ETA:  Sorry I totally didn't add in our processional music:
    Groom's processional : VSQ "Enter Sandman"  (a little out of place we know but FI's alma mater football team enters into the stadium to this and it's on non stop during football season so we thought it would be fun)
    WP Processional: VSQ "Fix You"
    Bride's Processional: Canon in D
  • We aren't 100% structured on this, and are leaving a lot up to our DJ, who is a good friend and one of the top country DJ's in the area.

Pre wedding- um none? You need music for that? Just sit there and wait for us to come out.

Recessional - I wanted "Lost in This Moment" by Big and Rich but idk what Fi thinks.

Bridal party Entrance - I wanted "These are my people" by Rodney Atkins but Fi said thats lame. Whatever.

First dance - "You had me from hello" by Kenny Chesney or "Cowboys and Angels" by Dustin Lynch.

F/D - still working on this.

Dinner and cocktail hour music will be all 1940's-1960's country, or bluegrass, to give the whole thing a vintage feel.

Guess I should work on this more.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_xp-what-are-your-music-selections?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:e58147ba-957e-4314-a954-9a2190ccbe08Post:23dba10d-fe26-477b-9d11-563eabbf28d7">Re: XP- what are your music selections?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pre-ceremony music...not sure exactly, but combination of DMB, VSQ, Joshua Radin Recessional- "You and Me" by DMB and then "Slide" by Goo Goo Dolls Bridal party entrance - not sure yet; our entrance will be to <strong>"September" by Earth, Wind, and Fire</strong> though First dance- "Superman" Robin Thicke Father/daughter dance- "My little girl" Tim Mcgraw Mother/son- "Song for Mama"  Boyz II Men Still deciding on cake cutting and tosses Last song will be "Let's stay together" Al Green ETA:  Sorry I totally didn't add in our processional music: Groom's processional : VSQ "Enter Sandman"  (a little out of place we know but FI's alma mater football team enters into the stadium to this and it's on non stop during football season so we thought it would be fun) WP Processional: VSQ "Fix You" Bride's Processional: Canon in D
    Posted by volleygurl0306[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>We were thinking of this for the wedding party entrance :)  Other than that I really have no clue about anything yet.  We will decide once we have to send a list to the DJ, but there's no rush for that yet.

</div>
  • Pre-ceremony music- country mix. FI hates country so this way he isn' listening to it.
    Processional: I'm yours- Vitamin String Quartet
    Bridal processional: A thousand years-Christina Perri
    Recessional: September- Earth, Wind, and Fire (this was the FIRST wedding song we picked and have stuck with lol)
    Bridal party entrance- undecided
    First dance: To Make You Feel My Love- Adele
    Father/daughter dance: Little Moment-Rob Thomas
    Mother/son: undecided
    Others? cocktail hour and dinner are "lounge music" Frank Sinatra, Michael Buble, etc

• Fi and I are both huge music lovers so I think this was the very first thing we decided on :)

Pre-Ceremony Music - Vitamin String Quartet
    Bridal party processional - The musical intro part of "Everyday" by DMB
    Bridal processional - "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz
    Recessional - "You are the Best Thing" by Ray Lamontange

Bridal Party Entrance - "Now that We Found Love" by Heavy D
    First Dance - "What We Gonna Do Now" by Joss Stone and Common
    Wedding Party Dance - "Outta My Head" by Lupe Fiasco
    Father/Daughter Dance - "My Little Girl" by Tim McGraw
    Mother/Groom Dance - "In My Life" by the Beatles

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards