September 2012 Weddings
Options

Wedding Venue

Drove up with FI to visit the venue yesterday (7 hour drive one way lol). We just drove up for the day and came back again overnight, arrive home between 3 and 4 am. While there we met with our DOC who took us for a tour showing us the different options for where at the resort we could hold the ceremony and the reception.

I took some pictures of our chosen ceremony site because I LOVED it!!!!

Here is where the guests will be seated. The chairs/tables will be cleared out and instead we have white wooden chairs being moved in:

This is where we would enter from:

This is the focal point of the reception, pending the number of RSVPs and how many people we have to sit we will either do it between the gazebos with the signing of the license in the gazebo, or if we have less people we will angle the guest set up and use the left gazebo as the focal point.

This is the view from behind the gazebos:

We are still deciding between a couple locations for the reception, pending on the number of guests we have that also may change. One is for a larger group of people. It is a large tent area with chandaliers and plenty of room for what we would like (dance floor, buffet tables, etc). The other is a smaller area, a boat house. It also have a view of the lake. This won't hold all our guests if we have a larger turn out, but if we get a lot of no's (as there is a 7 hour drive just to go) we could look at holding it there. Currently the DOC is reserving both locations as we have also considered using the boat house as a rain location for the ceremony.

Both FI and I love it :) We are so happy that we have found the PERFECT place for our special day :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards