September 2012 Weddings

PIP pics from the florist!

The florist I chose actually orders flowers in for you, (you send them pics of what you like) and then they make all the bouquets and centerpieces with you and you don't leave until you are 100% satisfied. We spent probably 4 hours with them.  We had a blast.  I put my deposit down yesterday and they sent me the pics they took.  I'm so excited!!  The centerpiece looks smaller than it actually is in the pic. 

the 2 pink rose bouquets are for our daughters... the larger one for the 5 yr old and the smaller for my 1.5 yr old.
January Siggy ****weight loss**** image Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: PIP pics from the florist!

• Wow!  That's awesome and sounds fun!  I wish all florists did that.
  • oooh those are beautiful!!!
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • wow I'm in love with your bouquet!! Ill be meeting with my florist this month and hope I get something that great that I love!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So beautiful!!  Sounds like fun too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh, you live in philadephia! Me too! And I don't have a florist yet! Where did you go for those? The flowers are really beautiful. I absolutely love how soft and pretty everythign is. Do you mind sharing what you got and cost? I'm totally lost about what I need to spend on flowers plus my FILs are paying for them so I don't want to go too crazy lol.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • Those are SOOO nice! I love that color combo. I wish my florist did that!! lol
  • Love it! I'm curious too which florist you used.
    Anniversary
  • I used Carl Alan he is downtown at 16th and market.  they were great. 
    I am copy pasting the excel spreadsheet they sent me so Im not sure how the format will show up, but it has everything thats included and price....  <td class="xl69" style="
    Bridal Bouquet:11" wide x 6" high $               320.00
    14 naturally open anna roses
    10 white ranaculas
    8 very small pieces of pink heather
    8 white freesia (single flower- no buds)
    9 light pink lisianthus- some variation between creamy pink
    and some darker pink
    6 white hydrangea
    7 porcelina spray roses
    8 small pieces of seeded eucylptus throughout and
    lightly skirted with seeded eucylptus
    wrapped in own material

Bridesmaids:2 daughters bouquets
    5 yr old bouquet- $40  $                40.00
     3 open candy bianca roses
    3 open charming unique roses
    3 pieces of seeded euc with no leaves and lightly skirted
     2 yr old bouquet- $25 $                25.00
    very small with light pink majolika spray roses

Other:

Boutonnières:Groom-very pale pink ranaculas with seeded euc $                10.00
    1 Jr. Groomsman-white ranaculas with seeded euc $                10.00

Ceremony:

Reception:10 Centerpieces $106 each $            1,060.00
    10" wide x 11" high
    antique gold revere bowl 
    4 ivory hydrangea
    5 open candy bianca roses
    4 light pink majolika spray roses
    7 small pieces of heather
    7 pieces of seeded euch with foliage
    some seeded euc hanging on the bowl
    (no mirror)
    sweetheart table- empty 7" cylinder vase with clear marbles n/c 
    6 cocktail tables- $12 each $                72.00
    2 white tulips in a bud vase
    Floating anna rose in the ladies room n/c 
    possibly 100 Chivari Chairs $8.26 each ??? 
    (these were $9.50 each with no set up and break down
    $1,026 including tax- broken down to $8.26 including set up
     SUB-TOTAL  $            1,537.00
    SET-UP AND BREAKDOWN FEES $               230.55
     TOTAL  $            1,767.55
     TAX %  $               141.40
     GRAND TOTAL  $            1,908.95
     pd c.c. 1-3-12 
    A DEPOSIT (25%) IS REQUIRED TO SECURE  $                          477.24  $               190.90
     YOUR ORDER    $                     -  
    January Siggy ****weight loss**** image Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I met with one other florist... who I told my budget to and she quoted me WAYYYY higher and didn't inform me that half the flowers I wanted werent in season and would probably be dead before the ceremony. 

Carl Alan may be on the more expensive side, but they urge you to meet with other florists first... once you meet with them there will be no question.  They are honest.  If you have a strict budget, they will stay with in that.  I had a rough idea and after meeting with the first florist I was unsure if my budget was just unrealistic for the things that I wanted. and it was.  He still kept it in mind, talked me out of a place card arrangement and talked me into doing pictures.  Some of the things I wanted just were not in season, so they figured out what else would work. 

I cant say enough good things about them.
  • my ceremony is in a rose garden so we dont need any arrangements for that. And we decided not to do corsages or anything for parents and grandparents. 
  • Wow! What an amazing florist! Flowers look stunning!
    Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • Thank you so much for posting your spread sheet! It was incredibly helpful. I was kind of thinking that centerpieces would be about $100 dollars each (I need 10 also) and that bridal bouquets would be about $50 dollars (I want little ones like yours). So it looks like this may work out budget-wise. I have another shop or two I want to visit also but the photos are SO nice.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!

122image 110image 12image
  • I seriously was going to guess Carl Allen! So many girls on the Philly board recommend him. I want to check out some florists closer to me first, then maybe I'll make the trip down there to see him.
    Anniversary
  • I am actually going to end up needing 12 centerpieces, but told them 10 so my deposit would be less (sneaky hehe)  the tables at our venue only seat 8.  so I also had to consider this when making my centerpeices because I didnt want them to take up the whole table.

• That's one of my favorite color combos.  My MOH had that color scheme, and she had some orchids in with it.  LOVE.
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • not a dumb question... lots of florists charge to make up samples..... No there was no charge for this. this is just how they operate.
  • That's great! Thank you!
    ~Michelle
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards